WASHINGTON (WJZ) — Worth the wait. After snow and rain, the cherry blossoms are at their peak.
Jessica Kartalija reports thousands are heading to Washington, D.C. to see the beautiful blooms.
A picture perfect day.
“I’m painting this flower. The trees, the cherry blossom trees,” one visitor said.
Visitors from around the world come to the Tidal Basin to see the blooms at their best.
“We’re really excited about the National Cherry Blossom Festival Parade on Saturday, on our closing weekend, and, of course, have the blossoms in full bloom for our last weekend is fantastic,” said Danielle Davis, Cherry Blossom Festival.
After an unusually long winter, the pink and white blossoms are in full effect.
“We’re almost at the peak so you get some of the white, some of the pink. It’s perfect,” one visitor said.
“When I think of all the places that our forefathers could have come to have our capital, I think they picked one of the most beautiful spots in the whole world,” said another.
For some, it was a lazy afternoon with a perfect view.
The Cherry Blossom Festival is all high-tech this year. You can download a special app to your smartphone with everything you need to know about the festival.
For more information, click here.
Other Local News:
- NTSB Report: School Bus Driver Had Been Involved In 12 Incidents In 5 Years
- Oakland Mills HS Students Stage Walkout Over Racial Tensions
- Retiring Sen. Mikulski To Give Speech Summarizing Service
- Target Recalls Menorahs Due to Fire Hazard
- Study: Even ‘BPA-Free’ Baby Teethers Contain The Potentially Harmful Compound