Ed Norris: Tanaka Seems To Be Everything You Heard
Today a caller went on at length about how Masahiro Tanaka wasn’t all that good in last night’s outing against the Orioles. Let’s all be honest… while we are all happy the the Orioles won, the newest member of the Yankees rotation has filthy stuff. Batters looked like they were completely fooled and he came away with 10 strikeouts.
That makes 18 in two starts!
I will concede that as he sees teams several times this season they will adjust but to say that he was missing his spots and the K’s should have been hits is just ridiculous.
The O’s have one of the best lineups in the American League. If you come away with ten K’s against the batters who play at the highest level in the world you clearly belong.
Related Stories – Baltimore Orioles:
- Bob Haynie: Misery Continues For The Orioles
- Arencibia, Smyly Carry Rays Past Struggling Orioles 11-2
- Breaking The Streak: Orioles Celebrate Cal Ripken Jr.’s 2131 Straight Games
- Rick Dempsey: Orioles Still Have “Good Young Nucleus”
- Remembering 2131: A 20th Anniversary Celebration