BALTIMORE (WJZ)– A 25-year-old man has been charged with the statutory rape of his pregnant, 13-year-old girlfriend.
Robert Ansel Cason faces multiple charges for having sex with the victim on multiple occasions.
On April 5, the victim told police she took a pregnancy test a few days prior that came back positive. She wanted police to take her to the hospital because she did not want her mother to know.
The victim identified “Robert” as her boyfriend and father of her child but refused to answer questions about his whereabouts.
Police informed the victim’s mother about the situation. She then told police she spoke to Cason once, informing him of how old her daughter was and warning him to stay away.
Her mother provided a telephone number and address for Cason.
He is charged with second-degree rape, second-degree sex offense, third-degree sex offense, sex abuse of a minor, fourth-degree sex offense and second-degree assault.
Other Local News:
- Police: 5 Injured In N. Baltimore Shooting
- Now That It’s Warming Up, It’s Time To Take Zika Precautions
- Report: Md. Beaches Are On A 4-Year Clean Streak
- Few Memorial Day Travel Headaches, Most Wait Times Bearable
- Home Invader Sexually Assaults Elderly Woman, Steals Her Car