BALTIMORE (WJZ)— The Baltimore Violent Crimes Task Force have arrested a man believed to be behind eight bank robberies in the region.
Tony Derrell Bunch, 31, was arrested without incident on Tuesday after the task force received a tip they credit to media coverage.
Bunch was charged with robbing the Bay Bank in Hanover on April 4 and is believed to be responsible for seven other robberies.
Detectives say he presented notes to the tellers stating he has a weapon and demanded money.
Bruch is believed to be behind the following robberies:
SunTrust – 111 Orville Road, Essex, on April 8
Wells Fargo – 8522 Liberty Road, Randallstown on April 7
Bay Bank – 2637 Annapolis Road, Hanover on April 4
Wells Fargo – 8210 Gateway Overlook Drive, Elkridge on April 4
Wells Fargo – 582 Fredrick Road, Catonsville on April 3
Wells Fargo – 1726 East Northern Parkway, Baltimore on March 28
Wells Fargo – 6309 York Road, in Baltimore on March 25
Wells Fargo – 860 North Rolling Road in Catonsville on March 24
The Baltimore FBI Violent Crimes Task Force is continuing this investigation.
Other Local News:
- Parents Call For Portable AC Units For Baltimore County Schools
- Body Found On Morgan State University Campus
- Police Identify Cyclist Killed In Friday Truck Accident
- Agriculture Dept. Closes Office In Md., 4 Other States After Threats
- Under Armour Announces Distribution Facility At Sparrows Point