GLEN BURNIE, Md. (WJZ)– A 57-year-old woman has been taken to the hospital with injuries after a water rescue in Anne Arundel County.
The Anne Arundel County Fire Department received a call around 10:18 a.m. Tuesday after a woman was swept downstream in fast, rising water near the 6900-block of Ritchie Highway North.
The woman was taken about 2,500-3,000 feet downstream.
Luckily, the fire department arrived on scene in time to rescue her.
She was taken to Harbor Hospital with minor injuries.
Other Local News:
- Some Md. Voters Call For Removal Of Board Of Elections
- 4 Shot, Including Teens, In Two Baltimore Shooting Incidents
- Chesapeake Bay’s Underwater Grasses Making a Comeback
- Police Chase Suspect Charged In Crash That Left Woman Dead
- Suspect Shot At Least 3 Times In Ambush On Baltimore Officer