GLEN BURNIE, Md. (WJZ)– A 57-year-old woman has been taken to the hospital with injuries after a water rescue in Anne Arundel County.
The Anne Arundel County Fire Department received a call around 10:18 a.m. Tuesday after a woman was swept downstream in fast, rising water near the 6900-block of Ritchie Highway North.
The woman was taken about 2,500-3,000 feet downstream.
Luckily, the fire department arrived on scene in time to rescue her.
She was taken to Harbor Hospital with minor injuries.
Other Local News:
- Police Search For Man Who Sexually Assaulted Teenage Girl On Baltimore Street
- Lead Prosecutors To Break Silence On Freddie Gray Case
- Charges Dropped Against All Remaining Officers In Freddie Gray Case
- Baltimore County Police Search For Missing 79-Year-Old Man
- Hundreds Pack City Council Hearing On Port Covington Project