Woman, 57, Rescued After Being Swept Downstream In Rising Water
GLEN BURNIE, Md. (WJZ)– A 57-year-old woman has been taken to the hospital with injuries after a water rescue in Anne Arundel County.
The Anne Arundel County Fire Department received a call around 10:18 a.m. Tuesday after a woman was swept downstream in fast, rising water near the 6900-block of Ritchie Highway North.
The woman was taken about 2,500-3,000 feet downstream.
Luckily, the fire department arrived on scene in time to rescue her.
She was taken to Harbor Hospital with minor injuries.
Other Local News:
- Howard Co. Police Investigate Columbia Shooting
- Family-Owned Grocery Gives Back To Community In Annual Event
- Thousands Lace Up For Turkey Trot
- Man Arrested After Va. Carjacking Ends With Arrest In Md.
- Md. Woman Seriously Injured After Car Falls 75 Feet Into Creek