GLEN BURNIE, Md. (WJZ)– A 57-year-old woman has been taken to the hospital with injuries after a water rescue in Anne Arundel County.
The Anne Arundel County Fire Department received a call around 10:18 a.m. Tuesday after a woman was swept downstream in fast, rising water near the 6900-block of Ritchie Highway North.
The woman was taken about 2,500-3,000 feet downstream.
Luckily, the fire department arrived on scene in time to rescue her.
She was taken to Harbor Hospital with minor injuries.
Other Local News:
- Police Searching For Missing 9-Year-Old Boy
- Hearing Dropped For Last Cop Facing Administrative Discipline In Freddie Gray Case
- Baltimore And The Police Department Sued For Civil Rights Violations Of 15 People
- Public Works Department Asks People To Not Cause A ‘Fatberg’
- Baltimore-Based Skateboard Company Offers Customers Unique Opportunity