Woman, 57, Rescued After Being Swept Downstream In Rising Water
GLEN BURNIE, Md. (WJZ)– A 57-year-old woman has been taken to the hospital with injuries after a water rescue in Anne Arundel County.
The Anne Arundel County Fire Department received a call around 10:18 a.m. Tuesday after a woman was swept downstream in fast, rising water near the 6900-block of Ritchie Highway North.
The woman was taken about 2,500-3,000 feet downstream.
Luckily, the fire department arrived on scene in time to rescue her.
She was taken to Harbor Hospital with minor injuries.
Other Local News:
- Ray Rice Pleading For 2nd Chance In NFL: ‘I’m A Rehabilitated Man’
- Baltimore Police Solving Disturbingly Low Number Of The City’s Murders
- Md. Lawmaker Focus Of Major Media Campaign On Iran Nuclear Deal
- Rep. Cummings: ‘Black Lives Have To Matter To Black People’
- Howard Co. Home Catches Fire After Lightning Strike