GLEN BURNIE, Md. (WJZ)– A 57-year-old woman has been taken to the hospital with injuries after a water rescue in Anne Arundel County.
The Anne Arundel County Fire Department received a call around 10:18 a.m. Tuesday after a woman was swept downstream in fast, rising water near the 6900-block of Ritchie Highway North.
The woman was taken about 2,500-3,000 feet downstream.
Luckily, the fire department arrived on scene in time to rescue her.
She was taken to Harbor Hospital with minor injuries.
Other Local News:
- Curtis Bay Area Residents Shelter In Place For 2 Hours After Acid Spill
- Hurricane Maria Batters Dominica As A Category 5 Storm
- Sister Of Man Facing 6 Years In Prison For Killing Puppies Says Brother Needs Help, Not Jail Time
- Dave Chapelle, John Oliver Create Buzz For DC Public Schools On Social Media At Emmy Awards
- Police Looking For Answers After Woman Found Raped, Strangled To Death Near Inner Harbor Museum