Woman, 57, Rescued After Being Swept Downstream In Rising Water
Get Breaking News First
GLEN BURNIE, Md. (WJZ)– A 57-year-old woman has been taken to the hospital with injuries after a water rescue in Anne Arundel County.
The Anne Arundel County Fire Department received a call around 10:18 a.m. Tuesday after a woman was swept downstream in fast, rising water near the 6900-block of Ritchie Highway North.
The woman was taken about 2,500-3,000 feet downstream.
Luckily, the fire department arrived on scene in time to rescue her.
She was taken to Harbor Hospital with minor injuries.
Other Local News:
- Gov. O’Malley Talks Immigration With Faith Leaders
- 1,000 Horseshoe Casino Employees Report For First Day
- Mayor Cuts The Ribbon To Baltimore City’s 1st New Rec Center In 10 Years
- Hopkins Expert: No Cure, Vaccine For Ebola Contracted By 2 American Volunteers In Africa
- Woody Harrelson Hosts Charity Dinner At Black Olive