Woman, 57, Rescued After Being Swept Downstream In Rising Water
GLEN BURNIE, Md. (WJZ)– A 57-year-old woman has been taken to the hospital with injuries after a water rescue in Anne Arundel County.
The Anne Arundel County Fire Department received a call around 10:18 a.m. Tuesday after a woman was swept downstream in fast, rising water near the 6900-block of Ritchie Highway North.
The woman was taken about 2,500-3,000 feet downstream.
Luckily, the fire department arrived on scene in time to rescue her.
She was taken to Harbor Hospital with minor injuries.
Other Local News:
- Family, Friends Mourn Loss Of Freddie Gray
- Cleanup Begins In Aftermath Of Saturday’s Protest
- 18-Year-Old Killed After Being Shot In The Head In Baltimore
- Baltimore Clergy Issue Call For Peace
- Gas Prices Rise To 8 Cents From A Week Ago