GLEN BURNIE, Md. (WJZ)– A 57-year-old woman has been taken to the hospital with injuries after a water rescue in Anne Arundel County.
The Anne Arundel County Fire Department received a call around 10:18 a.m. Tuesday after a woman was swept downstream in fast, rising water near the 6900-block of Ritchie Highway North.
The woman was taken about 2,500-3,000 feet downstream.
Luckily, the fire department arrived on scene in time to rescue her.
She was taken to Harbor Hospital with minor injuries.
Other Local News:
- 3 Killed, 2 Hurt In District Heights Shooting
- Pressure Mounting For Mosby To Drop Charges In Remaining Gray Cases
- Light City Baltimore Looking To Go Bigger And Brighter Next Year
- Man Sentenced To 15 Years For Arson, Looting During Riots
- Family Still In Shock 1-Year After Fatal Drunk Driving Crash