BALTIMORE (WJZ) — Imagine going out to eat at a local restaurant and running into legendary musician and performer Stevie Wonder. It happened in Baltimore.
As Linh Bui reports, fans were delighted to come face-to-face with music royalty.
You know what’s wonderful? When a world famous musician comes to your Charm City restaurant.
“I couldn’t believe it. I was like, ‘Oh my God. This is a living legend icon. Are you kidding me?'” said Naijha Wright, co-owner of The Land of the Kush.
Wright and Greg Brown own vegan restaurant The Land of the Kush, where the legendary Stevie Wonder dined over the weekend.
“It’s great that somebody can look you up on the Internet and find you and come down and try your food out. Very exciting,” Brown said. “I’ve been a Stevie Wonder fan since knee-high to a grasshopper, as my father would say.”
“He’s cool, calm and collected. Very down to earth,” said Wright.
Wonder, a vegetarian, tried several items on the menu and the food must have hit the right note. He came back for seconds the very next day.
The encore was music to fans’ ears.
“He took pictures with everybody,” Brown said. “He went next door to the hair salon, talked to them for a minute and took pictures out front. Very nice guy.”
The music icon was also spotted at the Apple Store in Towson.
Fans are now left crossing their fingers that Wonder returns.
According to the restaurant owner, Wonder also has a sweet tooth. He took several vegan cupcakes and cookies to go.
Other Local News:
- Police: Man Shot, Killed After Dispute In Baltimore Home
- Produce Market Providing Healthy Food Options, Hope To West Baltimore Community
- Smoke Alarms Credited For Saving Family From House Fire In Montgomery Co.
- Police Looking For Murder Suspect After Md. Football Player Paralyzed From Shooting Passes Away
- Cars Slam Into Glen Burnie Buildings Just Miles Away, Minutes Apart