Mark Zinno: Orioles Starters Need To Go Deeper
The Orioles biggest problem so far in 2014 has been the starting pitching not going deeper in games. Wei-Yin Chen and Miguel Gonzalez are the two biggest culprits. Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) of the Baltimore Sun joined Zinno on “Last Call” to discuss the Orioles.
Connolly agrees that the starting staff in general needs to improve and go deeper in games, but when the weather isn’t cooperating, it makes it tougher on starters. Speaking of cold, the bats haven’t exactly provided the power that Oriole fans are used to. Connolly says it’s too early to worry about that because of the track record of the guys in the Orioles line-up.
Related Stories – Baltimore Orioles:
- Depleted Tigers Get 16 Hits And Squeeze Past Orioles 9-8
- David Lough Gives Insight On Being A Role Player
- Orioles Look To Continue Hot Streak Against Visiting Tigers
- Tillman Allows 4 Hits As Orioles Beat Braves 2-0 For Sweep
- Roch Kobatko Addresses The Orioles Need For A Corner Outfielder