Dan Shaughnessy Of The Boston Globe Talks The Boston Marathon
Buy Orioles Tickets
Dan Shaughnessy is a sports writer for the Boston Globe and author of a book about former Red Sox skipper Terry Francona.
Dan comes on with Ed and Steve to discuss the emotions surrounding Mondays upcoming Boston Marathon and the weekend 4 game series between the Orioles and Red Sox.
Steve asks how Boston is “handling” the slower than normal start by the Red Sox. Dan says that the bigger ratings are falling to the Bruins right now in the NHL playoffs. Dan adds that there isn’t really much panic because the season is young and the division is close.
Ed asks how Dan feels about instant replay so far. Dan says he wasn’t really for it to begin with but he doesn’t mind it. Like everything new, it will have it’s errors and the MLB will have to work out kinks but otherwise it could be worse.
Related Stories – Baltimore Orioles:
- Pat Hughes Of Baseball Voices On Legendary Baltimore Announcer Chuck Thompson
- Steve Davis: So What Now For Chris Davis?
- Some Lucky Children Got To Attend Orioles’ Christmas Party
- Buck Showalter Thinks Chris Davis Has Been Approved For Adderall Use
- Roch Kubatko Was Not Surprised By The Lack Of Moves By The Orioles At The Winter Meetings