Kidnapped N.C. Girl Found In Virginia
BALTIMORE (WJZ) — A kidnapped 10-month-old girl was found unharmed in Virginia Sunday afternoon.
Police say Tamiyah Elssy Bryant’s father, Rodney Bryant, abducted her Saturday afternoon.
They were found in Emporia, Va.
Police say that they believe Bryant kidnapped Tamiyah after arguing with her mother, Elssy Olivares. Police say Bryant was driving Olivares to work at an IHOP. When she tried to get out of the car, he forcefully held her and eventually made her get out on the side of I-40 in Durham. N.C.
Police say Bryant threatened to hill himself and his daughter.
He has been charged with first-degree kidnapping, assault and communicating threats.
Other Local News:
- Waterfront Mansion Goes Up In Flames In AACo.
- 2 Teens Rescued From Water In Harford County
- Gov. Hogan: Baltimore City Detention Center To Shut Down, Effective Immediately
- Conflict Of Interest? Prosecutor In Freddie Gray Case Once Defended Gray In Court
- Authorities: Officer Accused Of Pointing Gun At Neighbor Appeared ‘Highly Intoxicated’