Baltimore County Snow Day Waiver Granted
TOWSON, Md. (WJZ) — The state grants Baltimore County’s request for a waiver.
Baltimore County Public Schools received a waiver for four snow days lost to inclement weather.
The Board of Education will now recommend Monday, June 16 as the final day for students.
“We are appreciative for the approval of these four days from State Superintendent Lillian Lowery and for the state’s flexibility during what has been an unusually difficult winter for schools,” said Dr. Dallas Dance, Baltimore County Schools superintendent. “It is important to make up as much of the lost time as we can, and Dr. Lowery and the state have been great partners in ensuring that we can do that.”
Baltimore County Public Schools closed for nine days during the winter of 2014.
The board is expected to vote during its Tuesday, May 6 meeting.
Other Local News:
- Waterfront Mansion Goes Up In Flames In AACo.
- 2 Teens Rescued From Water In Harford County
- Gov. Hogan: Baltimore City Detention Center To Shut Down, Effective Immediately
- Conflict Of Interest? Prosecutor In Freddie Gray Case Once Defended Gray In Court
- Authorities: Officer Accused Of Pointing Gun At Neighbor Appeared ‘Highly Intoxicated’