BALTIMORE (WJZ) — A Baltimore correctional officer is sentenced in the prison scandal that first made headlines last year.
Katrina Laprade, 32, was sentenced Wednesday to 30 months in prison followed by one year of supervised release.
She admits to smuggling marijuana and tobacco inside the Baltimore City Detention Center on behalf of a leader of the Black Guerrilla Family gang.
Another correctional officer pleaded guilty Monday to the conspiracy.
Tanierda Finch, 26, admits to smuggling Percocet into the jail and having sexual relations with some BGF members.
In all, 13 correctional officers have pleaded guilty to their roles in the racketeering case.
Other Local News:
- Baltimore Co. Executive Republican Candidates Vie For Open Seat
- FBI On High Alert As Sexual Assaults Aboard Planes Soar
- 1 Injured In Construction Accident In Baltimore
- Treatment Center For Homeless Vets Receives Donation From Amazon
- UMD Football Player Who Unexpectedly Passed Remembered As ‘Someone No One Will Ever Forget’