BALTIMORE (WJZ) — A Baltimore correctional officer is sentenced in the prison scandal that first made headlines last year.
Katrina Laprade, 32, was sentenced Wednesday to 30 months in prison followed by one year of supervised release.
She admits to smuggling marijuana and tobacco inside the Baltimore City Detention Center on behalf of a leader of the Black Guerrilla Family gang.
Another correctional officer pleaded guilty Monday to the conspiracy.
Tanierda Finch, 26, admits to smuggling Percocet into the jail and having sexual relations with some BGF members.
In all, 13 correctional officers have pleaded guilty to their roles in the racketeering case.
Other Local News:
- Death Toll Now Exceeds 225 In Devastating Mexico Earthquake
- Maria Pummels Caribbean; ‘Things Look Very, Very Bad For Saint Croix’
- Police Working To Identify Man In Connection With Homicide Case
- Phelps Has ‘No Desire’ To Return To Swimming
- State Trooper Fires At Fleeing Teen Car Theft Suspect Who He Thought Had A Gun