BALTIMORE (WJZ) — A Baltimore correctional officer is sentenced in the prison scandal that first made headlines last year.
Katrina Laprade, 32, was sentenced Wednesday to 30 months in prison followed by one year of supervised release.
She admits to smuggling marijuana and tobacco inside the Baltimore City Detention Center on behalf of a leader of the Black Guerrilla Family gang.
Another correctional officer pleaded guilty Monday to the conspiracy.
Tanierda Finch, 26, admits to smuggling Percocet into the jail and having sexual relations with some BGF members.
In all, 13 correctional officers have pleaded guilty to their roles in the racketeering case.
Other Local News:
- Memorial Day Weekend: The Unofficial Start Of The 100 Deadliest Days For Teen Drivers
- New Charging Documents Reveal Gruesome Details In Murder Of Infant
- Federal Judge Tosses Out Life Sentences For DC Sniper Malvo
- NOAA’s New Satellite May Predict Severe Weather A Lot Sooner
- U.S. Naval Academy Midshipmen Class Of 2017 Graduates