BALTIMORE (WJZ) — A Baltimore correctional officer is sentenced in the prison scandal that first made headlines last year.
Katrina Laprade, 32, was sentenced Wednesday to 30 months in prison followed by one year of supervised release.
She admits to smuggling marijuana and tobacco inside the Baltimore City Detention Center on behalf of a leader of the Black Guerrilla Family gang.
Another correctional officer pleaded guilty Monday to the conspiracy.
Tanierda Finch, 26, admits to smuggling Percocet into the jail and having sexual relations with some BGF members.
In all, 13 correctional officers have pleaded guilty to their roles in the racketeering case.
Other Local News:
- All 3 Suspects In Locust Point Murder In Custody
- Reward For Info On Baltimore Detective’s Killer Reaches $190,000
- Highest-Ranking Officer Involved In Gray’s Arrest Found Not Guilty Of Administrative Charges
- Police: Go Fund Me Pages For Family Of Slain Cop Not Authentic
- Woman And Two Children Shot At While Stopped At An Intersection