Correctional Officer Sentenced In BGF Prison Scandal
BALTIMORE (WJZ) — A Baltimore correctional officer is sentenced in the prison scandal that first made headlines last year.
Katrina Laprade, 32, was sentenced Wednesday to 30 months in prison followed by one year of supervised release.
She admits to smuggling marijuana and tobacco inside the Baltimore City Detention Center on behalf of a leader of the Black Guerrilla Family gang.
Another correctional officer pleaded guilty Monday to the conspiracy.
Tanierda Finch, 26, admits to smuggling Percocet into the jail and having sexual relations with some BGF members.
In all, 13 correctional officers have pleaded guilty to their roles in the racketeering case.
Other Local News:
- Judge Denies Motions To Dismiss Charges In Freddie Gray Case; Ruled Individual Trials For 6 Officers
- Fatal Pedestrian Accident Under Investigation In Harford County
- FAA Tackles Growing Drone Problem With New App
- Former Police Commissioner Examines Baltimore Unrest In Panel Discussion
- Police Investigating Threatening Tweet Made Toward La Plata Residents