BALTIMORE (WJZ)—Strong winds, low relative humidity and warm temperatures have prompted Fire Weather Warning and Watches in several Maryland counties.
The National Weather Service says such conditions enhance the threat of wildfires.
Frederick County has banned all outdoor burning—including recreational fires such as grilling and camping– until 6 a.m. Friday.
The Fire Weather Warning remains in effect until 8 p.m. Wednesday. The Fire Weather Watch is in effect Thursday.
The warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now or will shortly, while the watch means that critical fire weather conditions are forecast to occur.
Other Local News:
- Police Arrest Suspect In Murder Of Ikea Jackson
- Howard Co. Police Nab Thieves With Truckful Of Holiday Packages
- Fatal Fire Claims Lives Of 2 Children In Southeast Baltimore
- New City Council Sworn In, Jack Young Sworn As Council President
- Police: Public Enemy #1 Arrested After Tip, Victim Was From Europe