Orioles’ Third-baseman Manny Machado played in an extended spring training game on Monday as he continues to recover from a knee injury. MLB.com is reporting that Manny will make his way to Frederick, Maryland this weekend to play with the Class A Keys on Friday as part of his rehab assignment.
With this news, it is expected that Manny could be back with the Orioles within the first few weeks of May. This is exciting news to many O’s fans who have watched the Orioles’ defensive infield shuffle daily to accommodate for several injured players including shortstop J.J. Hardy who has been struggling with neck and back issues. The 2013 Orioles, with Manny Machado at 3rd base, set the record for fewest errors by a defense.
Related Stories – Baltimore Orioles:
- Trade Machado? An Unspeakable Outrage To Some, A No-Brainer To Others
- Baltimore Students Hang With Orioles Players At Annual Christmas Party
- MLB Rumors: O’s Open To Machado Trade, He Wants To Play Shortstop
- MLB Ump Dale Scott Retires Rather Than Risk More Concussionss
- Orioles Pitcher Gausman Changes Number To Honor Halladay