BALTIMORE (WJZ)–The man, who for decades operated and voiced Elmo on Sesame Street, is cleared of three charges of child sexual abuse.
The U.S. Court of Appeals upholds a lower court’s decision to dismiss three sexual abuse charges against Baltimore County native, Kevin Clash.
The court ruled the cases are without merit and beyond the statute of limitations. The lawsuits claimed Clash, 53, molested them when they were minors more than 10 years ago.
Clash, who is from Turner’s Station, was the voice of Elmo for 28 years until he resigned from the Sesame Workshop in 2012 when the allegations were made public.
Clash still faces a civil lawsuit from one accuser.
Other Local News:
- 1 Killed, 1 Injured In Baltimore Shootings
- New Life For Some Flood-Ravaged Businesses In Ellicott City
- ‘Serial’ Alibi Witness Responds to Allegations That She Lied In Adnan Syed Case
- Baltimore’s First Bike Share Program Rolling Out Soon
- Japan Authorizes $2M to Study High Speed Train In Maryland