BALTIMORE (WJZ)–The man, who for decades operated and voiced Elmo on Sesame Street, is cleared of three charges of child sexual abuse.
The U.S. Court of Appeals upholds a lower court’s decision to dismiss three sexual abuse charges against Baltimore County native, Kevin Clash.
The court ruled the cases are without merit and beyond the statute of limitations. The lawsuits claimed Clash, 53, molested them when they were minors more than 10 years ago.
Clash, who is from Turner’s Station, was the voice of Elmo for 28 years until he resigned from the Sesame Workshop in 2012 when the allegations were made public.
Clash still faces a civil lawsuit from one accuser.
Other Local News:
- Lightning Strikes Maryland State House In Annapolis
- Security Increased Around Mosby Following Death Threats
- Gov. Larry Hogan Won’t Vote For Trump Or Clinton
- FDA Warns Against Eating Raw Dough Amid E. Coli Fears
- Slain Baltimore Rapper Lor Scoota Laid To Rest