ABERDEEN, Md. (WJZ) — A teenager is struck by a vehicle during a police pursuit in Aberdeen.
Officers first tried to stop a speeding driver in the 700-block of Old Philadelphia Road. The suspect fled, however, and police gave chase.
The driver eventually struck a 16-year-old pedestrian. The suspect continued to flee, crashing into a marked police cruiser and then another vehicle before he tried to get away on foot.
Officers then arrested 31-year-old Asim Lievers. He is charged with assault and numerous traffic offenses.
The injured 16-year-old was taken to an area hospital in critical condition.
A passenger in another one of the vehicles also suffered minor injuries in the incident.
Other Local News:
- Severe Storms Sweep Through Maryland, Causing Downed Trees And Power Outages
- 7 Baltimore Police Officers Charged In Racketeering Conspiracy
- Bomb Threat At School Where Students Wearing ‘We The People’ Shirts After Poster Ban
- Paid Sick Leave Measure Advances In Maryland House
- Confederate Statue To Be Removed From Maryland Courthouse