If you were at the Baltimore Arena Saturday night you witnessed an incredible display of what makes the UFC so popular. The matches were outstanding and won in a myriad of ways so if you’re a newcomer you got to see quite a variety. There were knockouts, guillotine chokes, kimura submissions and even a Joeaconda from Joe Benavidez. However, the biggest takeaway for me was the performance of Jon Jones.
I have been a fan of his for a long time and have always thought he was highly talented, but the show he put on vs Glover Teixeira was spectacular. His speed is incredible and the way he mixes techniques make him a very dangerous person. I don’t remember ever seeing someone use elbow strikes so effectively while standing and the results are devastating.
I guess what I’m trying to say is that he is not only the most gifted fighter today in the UFC but because of those gifts he has the potential to join guys like Anderson Silva and GSP as the greatest ever. I can’t put him there yet because his book is just being written but I can say without hesitation I think we all witnessed greatness on Saturday night.
Latest Sports Stories:
- Ravens Team Headlines: Baltimore Working On Changes During Bye Week
- Maryland Signs Mark Turgeon To Four-Year Contract Extension
- Shareece Wright Talks Ravens Bye, Moving Forward And Tackling Cancer
- Five Things: Cubs Even World Series As It Heads to Wrigley
- WWE Insiders Pick Hell In A Cell