Ed Norris: Jon Jones GOAT?
If you were at the Baltimore Arena Saturday night you witnessed an incredible display of what makes the UFC so popular. The matches were outstanding and won in a myriad of ways so if you’re a newcomer you got to see quite a variety. There were knockouts, guillotine chokes, kimura submissions and even a Joeaconda from Joe Benavidez. However, the biggest takeaway for me was the performance of Jon Jones.
I have been a fan of his for a long time and have always thought he was highly talented, but the show he put on vs Glover Teixeira was spectacular. His speed is incredible and the way he mixes techniques make him a very dangerous person. I don’t remember ever seeing someone use elbow strikes so effectively while standing and the results are devastating.
I guess what I’m trying to say is that he is not only the most gifted fighter today in the UFC but because of those gifts he has the potential to join guys like Anderson Silva and GSP as the greatest ever. I can’t put him there yet because his book is just being written but I can say without hesitation I think we all witnessed greatness on Saturday night.
Latest Sports Stories:
- Ravens Shuffle Defense, Cutting 2 And Adding 3 Cornerbacks
- CBS Sports’ Solomon Wilcots: Saints’ Offensive Line Is Deteriorating In Front Of Brees
- Trio Of Terps Land On National Watch Lists
- Falcons Try To Remain Undefeated Against Saints On Thursday Night Football
- Bob Haynie: 1-4 Ravens Are In Deep Trouble