Zinno’s 6-4-3: MLB Round-Up
Orioles CentralShop Team Gear
Sports Fan Insider
Over 10% of the season is gone. Where does the time go? Lots of parity right now in the game. Yes, it’s still early but not a lot of teams sprinting out to large leads. Here we go!
1. Brewers – Bob Uecker must be loving his job these days. And that bullpen reminds me of the Orioles in 2012.
2. Braves – it seems every time out their starters are going 7+ giving up one run or less. Crazy good.
3. Giants – a four-game win streak to close out last week put them atop the NL West.
4. Rangers – despite injuries and some shoddy pitching, they have managed to continue to play well. That’s the Ron Washington effect
5. Athletics – Jim Johnson may have over come his troubles. If that bullpen gets solidified, look out.
6. Yankees – a healthy Mark Teixeira may be exactly what that team needs.
1. MLB starting pitchers had a record day on Sunday. 10 pitchers — one-third of all of Sunday’s starters — threw at least seven innings while allowing three or fewer hits. That’s pretty good.
2. Masahiro Tanaka continues to shine. Through is first five MLB games he is behind only Herb Score (50) and Stephen Strasburg (48) for the most strikeouts. Tanaka has 46.
3. The White Sox Jose Abreu broke Albert Pujols’ rookie record for most RBI in month of April, he now has 31.
4. The Braves have only given up 58 runs so far this season. That’s 20 less than the next closest team, St. Louis.
1. Diamondbacks – You keep thinking they will snap out of their funk. They aren’t. Pitching has been awful.
2. Cubs – already 9.5 games out. Theo Epstein isn’t working much magic these days.
3. Astros – three of their nine wins have been against former Cy Young award winners CC Sabathia, RA Dickey and Felix Hernandez. Go figure!
Related Stories – Baltimore Orioles:
- Orioles Defeat Blue Jays 5-2; One Win Away From Clinching Playoffs
- Orioles Fans Excited For Likely Post-Season Run
- The Orioles Bandwagon, Is It Okay Jump On?
- Preview: Orioles Vs. Blue Jays
- Bob Haynie: Orioles Celebrate A Glorious Weekend