BALTIMORE (WJZ)—A Baltimore native is nominated for a Tony Award.
Andy Karl was born in Baltimore and went to Towson High School.
His “Best Performance By An Actor in a Leading Role in a Musical” nod was announced Tuesday with all of the other nominees for the 2014 Tony Awards.
His performance in “Rocky” is up against Neil Patrick Harris in “Hedwig and the Angry Inch,” Ramin Karimloo in “Les Misérables,” Jefferson Mays in “A Gentleman’s Guide to Love & Murder” and Bryce Pinkham also in “A Gentleman’s Guide to Love & Murder.”
Other Local News:
- 5 Shot, 3 Dead In Edgewood Business Park, Suspect At-Large
- Chemical Spill At Hunt Valley Retirement Community Sends 2 To Hospital
- Federal Officials Made Requests To Hold Immigrants In Baltimore
- Police: 4 Dead In Serious Westminster Crash, One Car Was Going 100+ MPH
- 5 People Injured, 1 Killed In Multiple Shootings Tuesday