BALTIMORE (WJZ)—A Baltimore native is nominated for a Tony Award.
Andy Karl was born in Baltimore and went to Towson High School.
His “Best Performance By An Actor in a Leading Role in a Musical” nod was announced Tuesday with all of the other nominees for the 2014 Tony Awards.
His performance in “Rocky” is up against Neil Patrick Harris in “Hedwig and the Angry Inch,” Ramin Karimloo in “Les Misérables,” Jefferson Mays in “A Gentleman’s Guide to Love & Murder” and Bryce Pinkham also in “A Gentleman’s Guide to Love & Murder.”
Other Local News:
- Jury Finds Teen Not Guilty Of 1st-Degree Murder In Bowers Case
- Search Continues For Gunman In Deadly N.W. Baltimore Shooting
- Baltimore Police Officer Charged With Assault, Misconduct
- Students Who Pricked Classmates At Fallston High To Be Charged As A Juvenile
- Police: City Councilwoman Attacked In City Garage