BALTIMORE (WJZ)—A Baltimore native is nominated for a Tony Award.
Andy Karl was born in Baltimore and went to Towson High School.
His “Best Performance By An Actor in a Leading Role in a Musical” nod was announced Tuesday with all of the other nominees for the 2014 Tony Awards.
His performance in “Rocky” is up against Neil Patrick Harris in “Hedwig and the Angry Inch,” Ramin Karimloo in “Les Misérables,” Jefferson Mays in “A Gentleman’s Guide to Love & Murder” and Bryce Pinkham also in “A Gentleman’s Guide to Love & Murder.”
Other Local News:
- New Law Punishes Adults Who Host Underage Drinking Parties
- Still Unclear What Drove Man To Kill Wife And Son, Commit Suicide
- Security Experts Question Maryland’s Online Ballot System
- Impeachment Sought After Alleged Racist, Sexist Comments By Md. Sheriff
- City School Student Found Not Guilty Of Killing Classmate