Yo, Adrian! Baltimore Native Gets Tony Nod For Lead Role In ‘Rocky’ Musical
BALTIMORE (WJZ)—A Baltimore native is nominated for a Tony Award.
Andy Karl was born in Baltimore and went to Towson High School.
His “Best Performance By An Actor in a Leading Role in a Musical” nod was announced Tuesday with all of the other nominees for the 2014 Tony Awards.
His performance in “Rocky” is up against Neil Patrick Harris in “Hedwig and the Angry Inch,” Ramin Karimloo in “Les Misérables,” Jefferson Mays in “A Gentleman’s Guide to Love & Murder” and Bryce Pinkham also in “A Gentleman’s Guide to Love & Murder.”
Other Local News:
- Ten-Year-Old Little Boy Among 3 People Shot In Northwest Baltimore
- Officer Making First Comments Since Being Charged In Freddie Gray Case
- Operations Suspended At 3 Md. Labs Due To Anthrax Probe
- Activists Predict More Riots If Freddie Gray Trials Are Relocated
- City Leaders Firing Back After Comments Made By Former Police Commissioner