Yo, Adrian! Baltimore Native Gets Tony Nod For Lead Role In ‘Rocky’ Musical
BALTIMORE (WJZ)—A Baltimore native is nominated for a Tony Award.
Andy Karl was born in Baltimore and went to Towson High School.
His “Best Performance By An Actor in a Leading Role in a Musical” nod was announced Tuesday with all of the other nominees for the 2014 Tony Awards.
His performance in “Rocky” is up against Neil Patrick Harris in “Hedwig and the Angry Inch,” Ramin Karimloo in “Les Misérables,” Jefferson Mays in “A Gentleman’s Guide to Love & Murder” and Bryce Pinkham also in “A Gentleman’s Guide to Love & Murder.”
Other Local News:
- FBI Searching For Masked Men Behind Series Of Robberies In Canton
- Holiday Cheer Has Arrived In And Around Charm City
- Dislodged Boom Strikes Overpass, Snarling Traffic On I-695 Outer Loop
- 68 Marijuana Plants Recovered In Northwest Baltimore City
- Md. Army Reservists Deploying To West Africa To Assist In Ebola Efforts