BALTIMORE (WJZ/AP)–One student is in custody and another is injured after a fight at Friendship Academy of Science and Technology on Friday morning.
Baltimore school officials say a 14-year-old student is in stable condition after being stabbed by an older student at school.
Baltimore City Public Schools spokeswoman Edie House Foster says a 17-year-old stabbed the younger victim Friday morning during an altercation in the hallway of the Friendship Academy of Science and Technology in the Canton neighborhood. The victim was taken to Johns Hopkins Hospital.
The suspect was taken into custody.
BCPS released the following statement:
“This morning at Friendship Academy of Science and Technology, a student was injured by a weapon during an altercation. School police and medical personnel responded swiftly and the injured student was transported to Johns Hopkins Hospital, where he is in stable condition. A student suspect was taken into custody. Disciplinary action will be taken according to City Schools Code of Conduct. ”
(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Other Local News:
- New Law Punishes Adults Who Host Underage Drinking Parties
- Still Unclear What Drove Man To Kill Wife And Son, Commit Suicide
- Security Experts Question Maryland’s Online Ballot System
- Impeachment Sought After Alleged Racist, Sexist Comments By Md. Sheriff
- City School Student Found Not Guilty Of Killing Classmate