Police Seek Public’s Help IDing Man Wanted For Rape In Ferndale
Get Breaking News First
FERNDALE, Md. (WJZ)–Police are searching for man accused of raping a woman who hitched a ride with him in Anne Arundel County.
It happened around 4 a.m. Thursday in Ferndale. The female victim says she was walking when she was offered a ride by a man who identified himself as Glen. Once in his car, he pulled to an area in the 100-lock of Oakleigh Street, where he sexually assaulted her.
Once the assault was over, she was pushed out of the car.
The victim reported the rape the next morning at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore.
The suspect, “Glen,” is described as a 20-30-year-old white male, 5’8″ tall, with a medium build and short brown hair.
He was driving a newer model Volkwagon GTI that was black. It was a four door hatchback with dark tinted windows, chrome wheels with possible red brake pads and the VW logo on the front red trim.
Contact the Anne Arundel County Sex Crimes Unit at 410-222-3459 or Metro Crime Stoppers if you have any information.
Other Local News:
- NTSB: Probe Into Triple Fatal Frederick County Aircraft Crash Will Take A Year
- WJZ-TV’s Ron Matz Inducted Into City College Hall Of Fame
- MDTA Officer Convicted In Off-Duty Gun Assault Involving 3
- Dallas Nurse Nina Pham Speaks After She’s Released From NIH, Declared Ebola-Free
- UMd. Tracking Cases Of Viral Meningitis