Search Continues For Missing D.C. Girl; Bones Found Were Animal’s
WASHINGTON (WJZ) — There’s an unusual twist to a heartbreaking story of a missing D.C. girl.
Mike Schuh reports that volunteers–led by a psychic–thought they’d found the bones of Relisha Rudd.
Volunteers call themselves the Relisha Rudd task force. They’re searching Kenilworth Park– which has already been searched — but a psychic directed the volunteers to return.
On an Internet radio show devoted to finding the 8-year-old, psychic Julie Henry joined in. She blogs about cold cases.
The group, fueled by hope, returned to ground already searched. Then, near a trash can, bones were found.
Police took a look and experts say they’re animal bones.
Relisha has not been seen since March 1 after her mother asked a janitor at her homeless shelter to take care of the girl. He committed suicide.
Other Local News:
- Amtrak Threatens Shutdown If Congress Does’t Act
- Carjacking Suspect Who Crashed Into Ft. Meade Gate Hid In Storm Drain Overnight
- Mayor Talks About Baltimore’s Future As Freddie Gray Trials Loom
- Environmentalists Return From 30-Day Kayak Voyage On Delmarva & Chesapeake Waterways
- Lana Del Ray Vinyl Mix-Up Brings Baltimore Band National Attention