TOWSON, Md. (WJZ) –Baltimore County Police have arrested a man suspected of 10 off-campus burglaries near Towson University.
Vincent Davis Jr., 43, has been charged with all 10 burglaries.
Davis was arrested Friday. He faces nine counts of first-degree burglary and one count of attempted first-degree burglary. He is being held without bail at the Baltimore County Detention Center.
According to police, the string of burglaries happened during the month of April and shook Towson University students.
“If I walk around at night, it’ll be brief and I’ll be on the phone with somebody,” said senior Raleigh Kennedy. “I don’t walk alone ever.”
According to Baltimore County Police, almost all the victims were women. Their jewelry, cash, medications and personal items were stolen.
Many of the burglaries occurred on Charles View Way, Donnington Circle and Greenview Terrace.
Police say most of the burglaries happened at night and the suspect got in because a window or door was left unlocked.
“We are really strongly encouraging the students there to make sure they secure their doors and windows,” said Elise Armacost, Baltimore County Police Department. “Most of these burglaries were committed when the suspect entered through an unsecured door or window.”
Students are heeding that advice.
“Put our little chain lock on the front door now where we never did it before,” said senior Clinton Holley.
“We used to lock our doors and stuff, but now we’re a little more cautious of it. Make sure we check before we go to bed,” senior Brett Welsh said.
Police also tell students to be careful what they post on social media.
“They’ll post that they’re going on a little trip or they’re going home for the weekend, and that can be an advertisement that you’re vulnerable,” said Armacost.
Students have learned to take extra precautions.
“Lots of people have a lot of money around here with their TVs and cars and laptops and textbooks,” Kennedy said. “They’re going to take advantage of that. So you have to be aware.”
The burglaries occurred on the following dates and at the following locations:
- April 4: 1000 block Donnington Circle
- April 5: 1000 block Donnington Circle
- April 5-6: 1100 block Donnington Circle
- April 8: 1100 block Donnington Circle
- April 12: 1000 block Charles View Way
- April 14: 1000 block Charles View Way
- April 18-19: 7700 block of Greenview Terrace
- April 18-21: 7700 block of Greenview Terrace
- April 26-27: unit block of Fellowship Court
- April 26-27: 200 block of Donnybrook Lane
Other Local News:
- 3 Taken to Hospital Following Carbon Monoxide Leak
- Police: Man Tied Up Elderly Couple During Home Invasion
- Boy, 14, Charged with Stabbing Girl, 14, in Silver Spring
- Suspect In Delaware Trooper Shooting Killed By Police After 18-Hour Barricade
- The Power of the Pencil Takes on Fight Against Drug Addiction