It’s a new month and everyone had their feet under them. The weather is starting to turn warmer. You will see the league start to take shape in May. Here we go!
1. Brewers – still rolling along with an impressive 12-5 road record … and a more impressive bullpen so far in 2014.
2. Athletics – they have the largest run differential at +51. They hit. They pitch. They win.
3. Tigers – the only team without double-digit losses. That’s an impressive April.
4. Giants – the only other team with at least 20 wins (Brewers). They’ve won nine of their last 10.
5. Rockies – 186 runs leads the majors. Walt Weiss has them headed in the right direction.
6. Braves – they have lost six in a row and scored a combined 10 runs in that span. Still in 30 games they have give up only 90 runs.
1. There are two last place teams with the best run differential in their division: The Blue Jays are at zero – everyone else in the AL East has a negative run differential. And the Marlins are +24, 10 runs better than the Nationals.
2. Francisco Rodriguez is having a comeback year. 14 saves already. He needs to average nine saves a month to break the single-season record (57).
3. Another former Oriole is off to a hot start – Michael Morse has played in 31 game for the SF Giants. He’s batting .302, eight home runs and 22 RBIs. His OPS is .967. And he’s still wearing orange and black … go figure.
4. The Rockies lead the majors in runs, hits, batting average, on base percentage, slugging percentage and home runs. Is that good?
1. Astros – Their hot prospect George Springer is struggling mightily. So is this franchise.
2. Diamondbacks – owns the worst run differential in the game at -60.
3. Cubs – at least their Sunday Night Baseball uniforms look good.
Related Stories – Baltimore Orioles:
- O’s OF Bourn Says He Was Hurt In Football Training Drill
- Orioles VP John Angelos Says He Doesn’t Want Trump Throwing First Pitch
- Study: 113 Percent Average Raise In Baseball Arbitration
- MLB Players Union Head Says 2020 Olympics Difficult
- Orioles Add March 5 Game To Spring Training Broadcast