BALTIMORE (WJZ) — A sultry surprise for callers looking to file a complaint about Baltimore City police officers.
According to WJZ’s media partner, The Baltimore Sun, an error involving a city police hotline connected callers with an adult chat line.
The number listed on the website was supposed to be a 24-7 hotline for an internal investigations detective. Callers were instead greeted by a recorded female voice, advertising “hot ladies” this week.
The number was taken down Tuesday and police say they are looking into what caused the error.
It’s possible the situation was caused by a “typo.”
Other Local News:
- Ocean City Boardwalk’s Dumser’s Dairyland Facing Possible Demolition
- Baltimore Mayor On Confederate Statues: ‘I Wanted Them Out Of The City’
- Confederate Statues In Baltimore Taken Down Overnight
- Police Attempt To ID Shooting Suspect Caught On Camera
- Officials: Man Dove In Water To Free Boat Anchor; Didn’t Resurface