BALTIMORE (WJZ) — A sultry surprise for callers looking to file a complaint about Baltimore City police officers.
According to WJZ’s media partner, The Baltimore Sun, an error involving a city police hotline connected callers with an adult chat line.
The number listed on the website was supposed to be a 24-7 hotline for an internal investigations detective. Callers were instead greeted by a recorded female voice, advertising “hot ladies” this week.
The number was taken down Tuesday and police say they are looking into what caused the error.
It’s possible the situation was caused by a “typo.”
Other Local News:
- Suspect In Deadly Virginia Car Attack Faces Upgraded Charge
- Snow Covers Region; Icy Conditions Expected Overnight
- Fire Officials Release Cause Of Death In Fire That Killed Baltimore Mother, 2 Daughters
- Maryland Agency Announces Oyster Restoration Plan
- Baltimore Police Arrest ‘Shooting Spree’ Suspect After Pursuit Through City