BALTIMORE (WJZ) — A sultry surprise for callers looking to file a complaint about Baltimore City police officers.
According to WJZ’s media partner, The Baltimore Sun, an error involving a city police hotline connected callers with an adult chat line.
The number listed on the website was supposed to be a 24-7 hotline for an internal investigations detective. Callers were instead greeted by a recorded female voice, advertising “hot ladies” this week.
The number was taken down Tuesday and police say they are looking into what caused the error.
It’s possible the situation was caused by a “typo.”
Other Local News:
- BARCStoberfest Fundraiser Used To Help Care For Hundreds Of Animals
- Local Girl Scouts Troop Leader Arrested On Child Porn Charges
- Company Sets Up Donation Site To Help Edegwood Business Shooting Victims
- ‘In Seconds, He Shot My Three Friends’: Workplace Shooting Survivor Recounts Horror
- Report: Baltimore City Council President Says Officers ‘Raping The City’ By Not Living In Baltimore