BALTIMORE (WJZ) — A sultry surprise for callers looking to file a complaint about Baltimore City police officers.
According to WJZ’s media partner, The Baltimore Sun, an error involving a city police hotline connected callers with an adult chat line.
The number listed on the website was supposed to be a 24-7 hotline for an internal investigations detective. Callers were instead greeted by a recorded female voice, advertising “hot ladies” this week.
The number was taken down Tuesday and police say they are looking into what caused the error.
It’s possible the situation was caused by a “typo.”
Other Local News:
- 5 Officers Internally Charged, 3 Could Be Fired Following Freddie Gray Investigation
- Investigation Continues Into Whether Fatal Stabbing Was Racially Motivated
- Fs and Ds On Balitmore’s ‘Healthy Harbor Report Card’
- Bond Review Planned In Univ. of Maryland Stabbing Case
- Residents Catch Burglary Suspect, Hold Him Until Police Arrive