PRINCE FREDERICK, Md. (WJZ)–Maryland State Police are investigating the death of a New Jersey man previously reported as missing.
The body of 29-year-old Hani Heiba, of Springfield, N.J., was found in a heavily wooded ravine in Prince Frederick, Md.
Police discovered Heiba’s body around 5:30 p.m. Wednesday about 166 yards from the front of the hotel located in the 300-block of Merrimac Court in Prince Frederick. Emergency medical personnel pronounced him dead at the scene.
Heiba was reported missing on Sunday through the Springfield Police Department in New Jersey. His last known location was at the Avis Rental Car office located at BWI Airport on Sunday at 11:30 p.m. He was wearing a white shirt and a dark colored jacket.
Police believe Heiba left New Jersey on May 4 en route to Maryland by train, where he rented a car to complete the remainder of his commute.
Heiba rented a grey Ford Fusion, later found abandoned at the hotel in Prince Frederick.
Police believe Heiba may have suffered from a medical condition. The cause and manner of death will be determined by the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner pending autopsy results.
If anyone has any information regarding the missing person investigation, or has information relevant to this case, please contact the Maryland State Police at the Prince Frederick Barrack at 410-535-1400. Callers will remain anonymous.
Other Local News:
- Services Held For Edgewood Shooting Victim Oscar Hidalgo Romero
- Md. Woman Injured In Las Vegas Shooting Reaches Milestone In Recovery
- Family Of Alleged Office Gunman Says He Failed To Get Mental Health Treatment
- Witness: Suspect Gathered Co-workers Before Shooting, Said ‘I Want To Say Something To Everybody’
- Calls From First Responders Heard From Edgewood Business Shooting