ELKRIDGE, Md. (WJZ) — Frightening crash. Police identify the driver of a truck that went over an I-95 overpass in Elkridge.
On Monday, 73-year-old Nathaniel White of Takoma Park was driving a 2005 Ford truck and carrying a trailer.
The trailer and truck disconnected, sending the truck off the I-95 bridge, and crashing into an embankment.
The truck landed in a park below and then caught fire.
White was the only person involved in the crash. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police are still looking into what caused the truck and trailer to separate.
Other Local News:
- Taney Statue In Annapolis To Be Removed After Almost 150 Years
- Parts Of Dulles Airport Evacuated Due To Suspicious Van
- Md. Couple Arrested For Attempted Murder And Robbery; Lured Victims With Prostitution
- New Study May Prove To Be Life Changing For Peanut-Allergic Kids
- Report: Marylanders Among The Worst Tippers In The U.S.