ELKRIDGE, Md. (WJZ) — Frightening crash. Police identify the driver of a truck that went over an I-95 overpass in Elkridge.
On Monday, 73-year-old Nathaniel White of Takoma Park was driving a 2005 Ford truck and carrying a trailer.
The trailer and truck disconnected, sending the truck off the I-95 bridge, and crashing into an embankment.
The truck landed in a park below and then caught fire.
White was the only person involved in the crash. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police are still looking into what caused the truck and trailer to separate.
Other Local News:
- Mayor Pugh Vetoes $15 Minimum Wage Bill, Workers, Business Owners React
- Police Discover Sex Trafficking Ring Suspect, After He Is Stopped For Medical Emergency
- Police: Waldorf Father Killed Daughters, Shot Wife Before Turning Gun On Himself
- Baby Boy Killed, Babysitter Injured After Family Dog Attacks
- VIDEO: Police Still Searching For Suspect In Trans Woman Death, ID Vehicle Possibly Involved