WEATHER BLOG: Dreary Friday
Temperatures were mostly in the upper 70s near the bay yesterday (including 78 at the Science Center), but most places away from it soared into the lower and middle 80s. Today, we’re starting off with plenty of low clouds, and there will be a few fog patches and even a little drizzle. However, we should see the sun pop out again, and the temperature will really ‘take off’ again this afternoon. Look for highs to be within a couple of degrees of 80 again.
The slow-moving warm front that we’ve been talking so much about this week is pressing to the north and east of Baltimore and the chances we have of getting a shower or thunderstorm late this afternoon or this evening will be relatively small. There will, though, be an impulse of upper level energy rotating into the region from the south and west, which could provide us with just enough of a “trigger.”
As a front (this time around, a cool front) closes in on the mid-Atlantic states later tomorrow, we will once again have at least the chance for picking up a few showers and a thunderstorm. Then some sun and dry on Mother’s Day with temperatures in the lower and middle 80s.
Other Local News:
- Gov. Hogan Declares State Of Emergency, Activates National Guard
- CHAOS: 15 Officers Injured, Businesses Looted, Fires Set As Violent Riots Plague Baltimore
- Baltimore City Leaders Urging Rioters To Get Off The Streets
- Huge Fires Burn Downtown Baltimore Buildings Shortly After Riots
- Baltimore Mayor Imposes Curfew, Says ‘Thugs’ Trying To Tear Down City