Our weather setup over the past few days has been fairly typical for spring and early summer. Many areas soared into the 80s Saturday while areas closer to the coast have been cooler due to a thick blanket of clouds and onshore flow over the chilly nearby Atlantic waters. We now have a cold front approaching from the west and it will be crossing the area in the evening. Ahead of and along the front, we can expect to see a few more showers with activity diminishing by around 10 p.m.
The atmosphere will begin to dry out behind the front later Saturday and allow for clearing skies. This will set us up for a very pleasant and dry Mother’s Day with highs around 80 degrees. Temperatures early next week will soar to near 90 in spots, but that will be short-lived as some “back-door” cooling moves in for Tuesday night when a cold front drops in from the north.
Other Local News:
- Millions Expected In Damages For College Park Building Destroyed By Fire
- Police ID Teen Carjacking Suspect With Long Criminal Record
- US Coast Guard: 1 Dead, 3 Injured After Cargo Ship Explosion, Baltimore Last Port
- Baltimore Police Working To Retain Officers Despite High Crime & Overtime Issues
- Police Arrest Drone Operator For Interfering During College Park Fire