Our weather setup over the past few days has been fairly typical for spring and early summer. Many areas soared into the 80s Saturday while areas closer to the coast have been cooler due to a thick blanket of clouds and onshore flow over the chilly nearby Atlantic waters. We now have a cold front approaching from the west and it will be crossing the area in the evening. Ahead of and along the front, we can expect to see a few more showers with activity diminishing by around 10 p.m.
The atmosphere will begin to dry out behind the front later Saturday and allow for clearing skies. This will set us up for a very pleasant and dry Mother’s Day with highs around 80 degrees. Temperatures early next week will soar to near 90 in spots, but that will be short-lived as some “back-door” cooling moves in for Tuesday night when a cold front drops in from the north.
Other Local News:
- 90-Year-Old Woman Dies After Violent Baltimore Home Invasion
- Bill Would Put Md. At Forefront Of War On Cyber Terrorism
- Baltimore County Police Search For Missing 16-Year-Old Girl
- Fake Guns Are A Real Problem For Law Enforcement, Police Say
- NYPD Commissioner Calls Out Mosby For ‘Inexperience, Overcharging Cops’