STEVENSON, Md. (WJZ) — A group of college students from Stevenson University is robbed in South Africa.
It happened while the students were traveling on a tourist bus in the capital.
According to university officials, a group of men on motorcycles first surrounded then boarded the bus. They threatened the group and demanded money.
No one was injured in the incident. Officials say the students lost wallets, cell phones, cameras and passports.
Retired Baltimore Police Commissioner Frederick Bealefeld III was among the chaperones. He teaches criminal justice at the university.
Other Local News:
- Charges Dropped For Maintenance Man In Sex-For-Repairs Case
- Driver Strikes Capitol Police Cruiser, Taken Into Custody
- Family Dog Discovers Fire in Md. Home; Alerts Occupant to Escape
- Police: Man Killed in Crash After Driver Failed to Stop at Red Light
- Man Gets Life Sentence in Fatal Shootings Over Parking Space