STEVENSON, Md. (WJZ) — A group of college students from Stevenson University is robbed in South Africa.
It happened while the students were traveling on a tourist bus in the capital.
According to university officials, a group of men on motorcycles first surrounded then boarded the bus. They threatened the group and demanded money.
No one was injured in the incident. Officials say the students lost wallets, cell phones, cameras and passports.
Retired Baltimore Police Commissioner Frederick Bealefeld III was among the chaperones. He teaches criminal justice at the university.
Other Local News:
- Winter Weather Advisory In Effect As Snow, Sleet Blanket Region
- Man, Woman Headed To Baltimore Arrested With Car Full Of Drugs
- Pipeline Protesters Take Frustrations To Hogan’s Doorstep
- Police Searching For Missing 14-Year-Old Girl
- Police ID Man Arrested After Suspected Road Rage Incident; Possessed Several Guns