STEVENSON, Md. (WJZ) — A group of college students from Stevenson University is robbed in South Africa.
It happened while the students were traveling on a tourist bus in the capital.
According to university officials, a group of men on motorcycles first surrounded then boarded the bus. They threatened the group and demanded money.
No one was injured in the incident. Officials say the students lost wallets, cell phones, cameras and passports.
Retired Baltimore Police Commissioner Frederick Bealefeld III was among the chaperones. He teaches criminal justice at the university.
Other Local News:
- Kids Safe Zone To Help Provide Thanksgiving Dinner For 400
- Baltimore Detective Was Shot With His Own Gun, Scheduled To Testify Against Indicted Cops
- Brick-And-Mortar Stores Attempt To Entice Customers Amid Cyber Deals
- Hearing Dropped For Last Cop Facing Administrative Discipline In Freddie Gray Case
- Police Searching For Missing 9-Year-Old Boy