STEVENSON, Md. (WJZ) — A group of college students from Stevenson University is robbed in South Africa.
It happened while the students were traveling on a tourist bus in the capital.
According to university officials, a group of men on motorcycles first surrounded then boarded the bus. They threatened the group and demanded money.
No one was injured in the incident. Officials say the students lost wallets, cell phones, cameras and passports.
Retired Baltimore Police Commissioner Frederick Bealefeld III was among the chaperones. He teaches criminal justice at the university.
Other Local News:
- Baltimore Bomb Threat Suspect’s Device Was Made of Candy
- Gov. Hogan Says He’s Still Waiting For ‘Thank You’ From Mayor SRB
- Argument Over Snapchat Likely Led To AACo. Attempted Murder
- One Year After Baltimore Unrest, DOJ Still Looking For Arson, Armed Robbery Suspects
- BPD Commissioner On Shot Teen’s BB Gun: ‘It’s An Absolute Identical Replica’