Students From Stevenson University Robbed In South Africa
STEVENSON, Md. (WJZ) — A group of college students from Stevenson University is robbed in South Africa.
It happened while the students were traveling on a tourist bus in the capital.
According to university officials, a group of men on motorcycles first surrounded then boarded the bus. They threatened the group and demanded money.
No one was injured in the incident. Officials say the students lost wallets, cell phones, cameras and passports.
Retired Baltimore Police Commissioner Frederick Bealefeld III was among the chaperones. He teaches criminal justice at the university.
Other Local News:
- Waterfront Mansion Goes Up In Flames In AACo.
- 2 Teens Rescued From Water In Harford County
- Gov. Hogan: Baltimore City Detention Center To Shut Down, Effective Immediately
- Conflict Of Interest? Prosecutor In Freddie Gray Case Once Defended Gray In Court
- Authorities: Officer Accused Of Pointing Gun At Neighbor Appeared ‘Highly Intoxicated’