GREENBELT, Md. (WJZ) — A 21-year-old man has been sentenced to 30 years in prison for sexually abusing a 7-year-old girl.
Anthony Palomino-Coronado of Laurel had been convicted of sexual abuse of a minor to produce child pornography. He was sentenced Monday in federal court in Greenbelt.
According to officials, there was a 911 call for a missing 7-year-old girl. During the search, she was found next to a fence that separated her residence from Coronado’s. An empty condom wrapper was also found. The girl wasn’t wearing underwear and told police Coronado helped her get back into her own yard.
The victim told police that she had been to Coronado’s home and basement 10 times, that they had had sexual contact, including sex, and that he had taken pictures of her with and without clothes on.
When police searched his home, they found those photos. Coronado denied having sex with her but said that she had been at his home on the night in question between 11 p.m. and 2 a.m. “playing games.”
After he’s released from prison, he will have lifetime supervised release and have to register as a sex offender.
Other Local News:
- 7 Baltimore Police Officers Charged In Racketeering Conspiracy
- Severe Thunderstorm Watch Issued For Most Of Md.
- Confederate Statue To Be Removed From Maryland Courthouse
- Maryland Zoo Welcomes Orphaned Grizzly Bear Cubs
- Md. Students Wear ‘We The People’ Shirts To Class After Posters Were Banned From Walls