LAUREL, Md. (WJZ) — A suspected drunk driver got a flat tire in Laurel. The police chief stopped to help–and noticed a strong smell of alcohol on that driver’s breath.
When the chief asked for the driver’s ID, that driver showed him a temporary Maryland driver’s license. Suspected drunk drivers get those IDs until their cases go to court.
Additional officers arrived and transported the driver, 28-year-old Thank Khual, to the College Park barracks for a sobriety test. According to police, his blood alcohol level was .36, four and a half times the legal limit.
According to police, Khual was last charged with a DUI three weeks ago.
Other Local News:
- WATCH: Suspect Wearing Fake Bomb Walks Into Baltimore TV Station
- Norovirus Sickens 159 On Cruise Ship Headed To Baltimore
- Ray Lewis’s Son, Ray Lewis III, Charged With Criminal Sexual Conduct in S.C.
- Md. Governor To Outline Zika Prevention Efforts
- Victim Recalls Lightning Strike As State Park Site Reopens