LAUREL, Md. (WJZ) — A suspected drunk driver got a flat tire in Laurel. The police chief stopped to help–and noticed a strong smell of alcohol on that driver’s breath.
When the chief asked for the driver’s ID, that driver showed him a temporary Maryland driver’s license. Suspected drunk drivers get those IDs until their cases go to court.
Additional officers arrived and transported the driver, 28-year-old Thank Khual, to the College Park barracks for a sobriety test. According to police, his blood alcohol level was .36, four and a half times the legal limit.
According to police, Khual was last charged with a DUI three weeks ago.
Other Local News:
- 17-Year-Old Charged With Attempted Murder For December Shooting
- Police Investigating Fatal Double Shooting In West Baltimore
- Fmr. Baltimore Co. Superintendent S. Dallas Dance Indicted On Perjury Charges
- Fmr. High School Coach Pleads Guilty To 10 Child Porn Charges
- Police: Baltimore Drug Dealer Linked To ‘Several’ Md. Overdoses, 23, Arrested