LAUREL, Md. (WJZ) — A suspected drunk driver got a flat tire in Laurel. The police chief stopped to help–and noticed a strong smell of alcohol on that driver’s breath.
When the chief asked for the driver’s ID, that driver showed him a temporary Maryland driver’s license. Suspected drunk drivers get those IDs until their cases go to court.
Additional officers arrived and transported the driver, 28-year-old Thank Khual, to the College Park barracks for a sobriety test. According to police, his blood alcohol level was .36, four and a half times the legal limit.
According to police, Khual was last charged with a DUI three weeks ago.
Other Local News:
- Thousands Try To Beating The Heat For A Jam-Packed Weekend At Artscape
- Baltimore Co. Man Says Strangers Moved Into His Home, Claiming They Rented It On Craigslist
- Heat Advisory For SE Md., Code Red Air Quality Alert Continues For Saturday
- Two Men Who Assaulted Ravens Fan At M&T Bank Stadium Plead Guilty
- Police Arrest Stabbing Suspect; Rapper Posted Aftermath on Facebook Live