LAUREL, Md. (WJZ) — A suspected drunk driver got a flat tire in Laurel. The police chief stopped to help–and noticed a strong smell of alcohol on that driver’s breath.
When the chief asked for the driver’s ID, that driver showed him a temporary Maryland driver’s license. Suspected drunk drivers get those IDs until their cases go to court.
Additional officers arrived and transported the driver, 28-year-old Thank Khual, to the College Park barracks for a sobriety test. According to police, his blood alcohol level was .36, four and a half times the legal limit.
According to police, Khual was last charged with a DUI three weeks ago.
Other Local News:
- Trump Blasts NFL Players Who Kneel During Anthem
- Judge Cuts $1M From Jury-Awarded Damages In Dog-Killed-By-Cop Case
- Baltimore Boxer Gervonta Davis Arrested On Assault Charges
- President Trump’s Travel Ban Due To Expire Sunday, Replacement In Works
- Ravens Have First Practice In London In Prep For Sunday Game