Police ID Victims In Triple Fatal Crash Off I-83 Southbound At 695
TIMONIUM, Md. (WJZ) — Police identify the three people killed in a ghastly crash off I-83 southbound at 695.
Maryland State Police found the bodies of Vignesh Ashokan, 23, Sharath Sudershanam, 24, and Moka Mallikarjun, 25, inside a wrecked car just off the ramp from I-83 to 695. The three were friends and roommates who lived in Fairfax, Virginia.
Investigators believe the men were traveling home after visiting friends in Cockeysville early Sunday morning when their car ran off the side of the road and struck a tree. The force of the impact caused the vehicle to break into multiple pieces.
Police were called Tuesday by a passerby who alerted them of the wreckage. Yellow tape and cop cars soon followed, forcing a five to seven mile backup during rush hour.
Investigators believe the crash site remained undiscovered because it was so far off the roadway and hidden by trees and brush.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation.
Other Local News:
- Air Algerie Plane Disappears From Radar
- Browns Fan Posts Video Of Himself Urinating On Art Modell’s Grave
- Cruise Industry Under Fire As Lawmakers Debate Stronger Regulations
- State Police Warn Of New Phone Scam Demanding Money
- Rockville Parents Accused Of Locking Adult Autistic Twin Sons In Filthy Basement