TIMONIUM, Md. (WJZ) — Police identify the three people killed in a ghastly crash off I-83 southbound at 695.
Maryland State Police found the bodies of Vignesh Ashokan, 23, Sharath Sudershanam, 24, and Moka Mallikarjun, 25, inside a wrecked car just off the ramp from I-83 to 695. The three were friends and roommates who lived in Fairfax, Virginia.
Investigators believe the men were traveling home after visiting friends in Cockeysville early Sunday morning when their car ran off the side of the road and struck a tree. The force of the impact caused the vehicle to break into multiple pieces.
Police were called Tuesday by a passerby who alerted them of the wreckage. Yellow tape and cop cars soon followed, forcing a five to seven mile backup during rush hour.
Investigators believe the crash site remained undiscovered because it was so far off the roadway and hidden by trees and brush.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation.
Other Local News:
- New Trial Granted For Adnan Syed, Subject Of ‘Serial’ Podcast
- Fans Of Slain Rapper ‘Lor Scoota’ Remember Him Through Music
- All Clear At Joint Base Andrews After ‘Miscommunication’ Over Active Shooter
- Complaint Filed Against Mosby Calls Her ‘A Runaway Prosecutor’
- Ocean City Police Rescue Small Kitten From Rt. 90 Bridge