Police ID Victims In Triple Fatal Crash Off I-83 Southbound At 695
TIMONIUM, Md. (WJZ) — Police identify the three people killed in a ghastly crash off I-83 southbound at 695.
Maryland State Police found the bodies of Vignesh Ashokan, 23, Sharath Sudershanam, 24, and Moka Mallikarjun, 25, inside a wrecked car just off the ramp from I-83 to 695. The three were friends and roommates who lived in Fairfax, Virginia.
Investigators believe the men were traveling home after visiting friends in Cockeysville early Sunday morning when their car ran off the side of the road and struck a tree. The force of the impact caused the vehicle to break into multiple pieces.
Police were called Tuesday by a passerby who alerted them of the wreckage. Yellow tape and cop cars soon followed, forcing a five to seven mile backup during rush hour.
Investigators believe the crash site remained undiscovered because it was so far off the roadway and hidden by trees and brush.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation.
Other Local News:
- 7 People In Custody After Fights Break Out At Overlea High
- Rabbi Took Students To Synagogue Where He Allegedly Recorded Women
- Ray Rice Indefinite Suspension Appeal Hearing Set For Nov. 5
- 3 Anne Arundel Co. Employees Disciplined After Making Noose, Joking About It
- NJ Gov. Chris Christie Visits Bethesda To Support Larry Hogan