Bob Costas is a very well known sportscaster who will be covering the Preakness on NBC.
Bob joined Ed and Steve to talk about the Preakness at Pimlico on Saturday.
Bob started by talking about how he will not handicap the race because NBC has about a dozen guys who do that and that obviously California Chrome is the early favorite.
Bob said that winning the triple crown is a very grueling grind that is incredibly tough on the horses. Bob said 12 horses have won the Derby and Preakness since the last triple crown so clearly the deck is stacked against California Chrome.
Bob said the experts say the track at Pimlico is friendlier to California Chrome’s style than that of the Derby or Belmont.
Latest Sports Stories:
- Carter Leads No. 2 Maryland Past Cleveland State, 80-63
- Jones Helps No. 6 Maryland Rout Pittsburgh 70-49
- Injury Report: Ravens Have Short Injury List For Browns Matchup, Justin Forsett Officially Out For Season
- Ross’ 80-Yard Run Gives Maryland 46-41 Win Over Rutgers
- Siena Beats Loyola (Md.) In Overtime 90-82