GLEN BURNIE, Md. (WJZ)—A Glen Burnie man is charged with attempting to kidnap a 12-year-old girl as she walked home from school Thursday afternoon.
The 12-year-old girl tells police she was walking home from Woodside Elementary/Middle School when a man driving a silver truck stopped and asked her three times if she needed a ride.
The girl ignored him and continued walking northbound on Oakwood Road.
The man drove away and then returned. This time, he drove ahead of the girl, parked along the curb and exited his truck, walking quickly towards her with his arms extended.
Fearing the man was going to grab her and put her in his truck, the girl ran home and told her mother.
The victim and her mother drove around the immediate area after the incident to look for the suspect and suspect’s silver truck. They located the truck in the area of Crain Highway and Hospital Drive. They were able to positively identify the driver as the suspect. They then followed the suspect to his home in 1000-block of Cayer Driver.
Officers and a detective responded to that location and based on interviews were able to identify 24-year-old Tristien Owen Willey as the suspect
Willey was arrested and charged with attempted kidnapping and second degree assault.
Other Local News:
- [LIVE BLOG] Pre-Trial Motions Set to Begin In Miller Trial
- Md. Comptroller Eyeing Up Big Changes For Daily Fantasy Sports
- Critical Hearing Ahead In Next Trial of Officer Charged in Freddie Gray’s Death
- Police: Boaters Lucky Brawl On Choptank River Didn’t Turn ‘Deadly’
- Family Of Frostburg Football Player Who Died Will Settle Suit With NCAA