BALTIMORE (WJZ) — City police investigate a fatal shooting that happened during Preakness festivities.
It happened one block away from the race track at the intersection of Elmer and Belvedere avenues in Park Heights.
City police say a man was shot multiple times around 4:30 p.m. He later died at the hospital.
Investigators say the shooting was not related to Preakness. Neighbors say the crime does not surprise them.
There’s no word yet on a suspect or motive in the case. The victim was also not been identified.
Anyone with information is asked to call Baltimore City Police.
Other Local News:
- 29-Year-Old Man Shot In South Baltimore, Police Asking People With Information To Come Forward
- Lawsuit Claims Johns Hopkins Favored Out-Of-State Patients Over Locals
- Legos, Lights, And Latkes To Celebrate The Third Night Of Hanukkah
- Deputy Chief Fire Marshal Killed While Trying To Rescue Someone To Be Laid To Rest
- Snow To Impact Thursday Morning Commute