STEVENSVILLE, Md. (WJZ) — The eastbound span of the Bay Bridge is open to traffic again after a truck burst into flames.
A viewer sent photos to WJZ taken just moments after the tractor caught fire Sunday evening. You could see thick smoke coming out of the vehicle.
Maryland Transportation Authority Police say the driver was not injured and the fire has been put out.
Investigators say the brakes overheated, causing the fire.
The truck was hauling mulch, but its load did not catch fire.
Overnight the tractor trailer was removed, and the eastbound span inspected for damage and safety issues. Authorities found no structural issues.
There were no injuries.
Other Local News:
- Md. Emergency Crews Respond To Possible Lightning Strikes, Flooded Areas During Severe Weather
- Father Of American Killed In Barcelona: ‘I Just Don’t Understand’
- Ocean City Mayor Invites Mark Zuckerberg To Visit
- Thurmont, MD: Small American Town With Big American Opinions
- Baltimore Orioles Celebrate OPACY’s 25th Anniversary