Bay Bridge Back Open After Fire Involving Tractor-Trailer
Get Breaking News First
STEVENSVILLE, Md. (WJZ) — The eastbound span of the Bay Bridge is open to traffic again after a truck burst into flames.
A viewer sent photos to WJZ taken just moments after the tractor caught fire Sunday evening. You could see thick smoke coming out of the vehicle.
Maryland Transportation Authority Police say the driver was not injured and the fire has been put out.
Investigators say the brakes overheated, causing the fire.
The truck was hauling mulch, but its load did not catch fire.
Overnight the tractor trailer was removed, and the eastbound span inspected for damage and safety issues. Authorities found no structural issues.
There were no injuries.
Other Local News:
- Elections Official: Noncitizens May Be Voting In Md.
- Ex-Baltimore Transit Chief Charged With Bribery, Money Laundering
- Md. Man Arrested, Accused Of Kidnapping 6-Year-Old Daughter In Miss.
- Chris Brown Settles Lawsuit Stemming From D.C. Assault
- First Hillary Clinton, Then First Lady Obama Will Rally Voters For Anthony Brown