STEVENSVILLE, Md. (WJZ) — The eastbound span of the Bay Bridge is open to traffic again after a truck burst into flames.
A viewer sent photos to WJZ taken just moments after the tractor caught fire Sunday evening. You could see thick smoke coming out of the vehicle.
Maryland Transportation Authority Police say the driver was not injured and the fire has been put out.
Investigators say the brakes overheated, causing the fire.
The truck was hauling mulch, but its load did not catch fire.
Overnight the tractor trailer was removed, and the eastbound span inspected for damage and safety issues. Authorities found no structural issues.
There were no injuries.
Other Local News:
- Elderly Woman Killed In Northeast Baltimore Hit And Run, Police Seeking Driver
- Md. Lawmakers Update Policy On Sexual Harassment
- Baltimore Mayor Reverses Plan To End Martin Luther King Jr. Day Parade
- Gov. Hogan Urges Congress to Restore Children’s Health Insurance Program
- NTSB Starts Final Probe Of The El Faro’s Sinking