ELLICOTT CITY, Md. (WJZ)–Four people are displaced after a Thursday afternoon house fire in Ellicott City. No one was injured.
The homeowner arrived to the 2900-block of Timber Trails Court to find smoke and fire.
Firefighters and paramedics from Howard County Department of Fire and Rescue Services and Carroll County arrived to the scene around 2:15 p.m.
It took crews approximately 40 minutes to fight the blaze. Crews then began extensive overhaul operations.
No one was inside the house at the time of the fire, aside from two pet cats. One cat was found safely. The other is still missing.
Red Cross will assist the displaced family.
Property loss and damage estimate is $600,000.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
Other Local News:
- Ivanka Trump Visits Baltimore For Monster Truck Rally With Son
- City Bike Share Doubling Bikes On Fleet, Giving Jobs To Homeless Vets
- WJZ’s Black History Oratory Competition Winners Announced
- Ravens Safety Matt Elam Arrested On Drug Charges
- Police: Man Shot At Brother, Missed, Hit Female Family Member