ELLICOTT CITY, Md. (WJZ)–Four people are displaced after a Thursday afternoon house fire in Ellicott City. No one was injured.
The homeowner arrived to the 2900-block of Timber Trails Court to find smoke and fire.
Firefighters and paramedics from Howard County Department of Fire and Rescue Services and Carroll County arrived to the scene around 2:15 p.m.
It took crews approximately 40 minutes to fight the blaze. Crews then began extensive overhaul operations.
No one was inside the house at the time of the fire, aside from two pet cats. One cat was found safely. The other is still missing.
Red Cross will assist the displaced family.
Property loss and damage estimate is $600,000.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
Other Local News:
- 13 Tips For Selecting, Caring For Christmas Tree
- House Fire Displaces Family In Dundalk
- Dogs Search For Few Remaining Traces Of Invasive Nutria
- DC Police: Man Charged In String Of Taxicab Robberies
- Maryland Gets 1,081 Medical Marijuana License Applications