I know fans aren’t pleased with how the Orioles have been playing as of late. Seems like we have found ways to lose games. Blowing late inning leads, swinging at bad pitches when it seems like the pitcher cant throw a strike, and questionable decision making all around.
On the flip-side, nobody is running away with the division. In fact there isn’t a single team with a winning record at home. The Red Sox have lost 7 straight games and it seems like every team has already lost someone of significance to the 15 day DL or to a season ending injury.
The Orioles need to figure out how to hit when the pitching is going well. It seems like when we pitch we don’t hit and vice versa. All Oriole fans should be concerned about Matt Wieters and if he can come back at any point this year. Time will tell. In the short term Chris Davis will be taking a leave of absence from the team to be with his wife as they are expecting the birth of their baby this weekend. Manny Machado left last nights game early with groin tightness. They are saying its precautionary, but I am still concerned.
Right now on May 23 the Orioles are 1.5 games out of first. The Toronto Blue Jays lead the division right now. I still cant believe I typed that.
Related Stories – Baltimore Orioles:
- Baltimore Students Hang With Orioles Players At Annual Christmas Party
- MLB Rumors: O’s Open To Machado Trade, He Wants To Play Shortstop
- MLB Ump Dale Scott Retires Rather Than Risk More Concussionss
- Orioles Pitcher Gausman Changes Number To Honor Halladay
- Former Oriole Rafael Palmeiro Considering Comeback At Age 53