DAYTON, Md. (WJZ)–Howard County Police have confirmed the identities of a man fatally shot Friday in Dayton and the suspect arrested in connection to his death.
Officers were called to the 4900-block of Ten Oaks Road around 3 p.m. Friday for a report of shots fired. An adult male was found dead in an outbuilding on the property. He has been identified as Rodolfo Miguel Cervantes, 31, of Hyattsville.
Police believe 36-year-old Ismael Guerra Vasquez, also, of Hyattsville, is responsible for the homicide.
Preliminary investigation indicates that Cervantes and Vasquez were known acquaintances. Police say there was a brief confrontation between the two, which resulted in Cervantes being shot.
A witness provided police with a suspect vehicle description. Police found a vehicle matching the description in the vicinity. The driver, later identified as Vasquez, was taken into custody.
Vasquez is charged with first-and second-degree murder, first- and second-degree assault and use of a firearm in commission of a felony. He is being held without bond at the Howard County Detention Center.
The investigation continues.
Other Local News:
- More Than 200 People Arrested After Violence Breaks Out During Inauguration Day Protests
- Women From All Over Prepare For Women’s March On Washington Saturday
- Police Arrest Man Who Stole Car With Kids Inside
- President Trump Attends Three Inaugural Balls
- Mom Outraged, School Dental Program Removes Child’s Teeth Without Her Knowing