BALTIMORE (WJZ)– A teenager who died after being tasered by police at Good Samaritan Hospital is laid to rest.
According to WJZ’s media partner, the Baltimore Sun, a funeral was held Saturday for George King.
The 19-year-old died earlier this month after being shocked five times with a Taser. It happened during a struggle with police and security at the hospital, where King was a patient.
King was given a sedative, slipped into a coma and died a week later.
The medical examiner has not released a cause of death.
Baltimore City Police Commissioner Anthony Batts has put a moratorium on officers responding to hospitals without a supervisor’s review.
Other Local News:
- Officer Fires Shot At Robbery Suspects After Citizen Alerts Police To Crime
- Crabbing Season Cut Short; Report Finds Decline In Crab Population
- Officers Involved In Fatal Dundalk/MTA Bus Shooting Will Not Be Charge
- Baltimore Police Investigate Officer-Involved Shooting In Southern District
- Hogan Repeals Waste Policy He Says Usurped Local Authority