BALTIMORE (WJZ)– A teenager who died after being tasered by police at Good Samaritan Hospital is laid to rest.
According to WJZ’s media partner, the Baltimore Sun, a funeral was held Saturday for George King.
The 19-year-old died earlier this month after being shocked five times with a Taser. It happened during a struggle with police and security at the hospital, where King was a patient.
King was given a sedative, slipped into a coma and died a week later.
The medical examiner has not released a cause of death.
Baltimore City Police Commissioner Anthony Batts has put a moratorium on officers responding to hospitals without a supervisor’s review.
Other Local News:
- Pregnant Maryland Teen Not Allowed At Graduation Ceremony
- Police: Domestic Incident Involving Delaware State Trooper Ends In Her Fatally Shooting Boyfriend
- Officers Could Be Fired Following Freddie Gray Investigation
- Investigation Continues Into Whether Fatal Stabbing Was Racially Motivated
- Fs and Ds On Balitmore’s ‘Healthy Harbor Report Card’