BALTIMORE (WJZ)– A teenager who died after being tasered by police at Good Samaritan Hospital is laid to rest.
According to WJZ’s media partner, the Baltimore Sun, a funeral was held Saturday for George King.
The 19-year-old died earlier this month after being shocked five times with a Taser. It happened during a struggle with police and security at the hospital, where King was a patient.
King was given a sedative, slipped into a coma and died a week later.
The medical examiner has not released a cause of death.
Baltimore City Police Commissioner Anthony Batts has put a moratorium on officers responding to hospitals without a supervisor’s review.
Other Local News:
- Students Preparing For ‘March For Our Lives’ Protests In Baltimore, D.C.
- Pedestrian Struck, ‘Possibly Intentionally,’ In Downtown Baltimore
- Md. Students Showcase Bridge Projects For National Civil Engineering Competition
- 3rd US Senator Endorses Ben Jealous For Md. Governor
- Carroll County Putting Deputies At Schools Following Shootings