Funeral Held For Teen Who Died After Being Tased By Police
BALTIMORE (WJZ)– A teenager who died after being tasered by police at Good Samaritan Hospital is laid to rest.
According to WJZ’s media partner, the Baltimore Sun, a funeral was held Saturday for George King.
The 19-year-old died earlier this month after being shocked five times with a Taser. It happened during a struggle with police and security at the hospital, where King was a patient.
King was given a sedative, slipped into a coma and died a week later.
The medical examiner has not released a cause of death.
Baltimore City Police Commissioner Anthony Batts has put a moratorium on officers responding to hospitals without a supervisor’s review.
Other Local News:
- Letters Sent To Gilmore Homes Residents Following Sex For Repairs Lawsuit
- AACo. Police Investigating Racist Post Made On School’s Website
- Howard Co. English Teacher Arrested On Prostitution, Sexual Solicitation Of A Minor
- $2K Reward Offered In Shopping Center Shooting That Left 71-Year-Old Dead
- Amtrak Threatens Shutdown If Congress Does’t Act