BALTIMORE (WJZ)– A teenager who died after being tasered by police at Good Samaritan Hospital is laid to rest.
According to WJZ’s media partner, the Baltimore Sun, a funeral was held Saturday for George King.
The 19-year-old died earlier this month after being shocked five times with a Taser. It happened during a struggle with police and security at the hospital, where King was a patient.
King was given a sedative, slipped into a coma and died a week later.
The medical examiner has not released a cause of death.
Baltimore City Police Commissioner Anthony Batts has put a moratorium on officers responding to hospitals without a supervisor’s review.
Other Local News:
- Another 8-Planet Solar System Discovered 2,500 Light Years Away
- Former Liquor Board Official Pleads Guilty To Bribery-Related Charges
- Winter Weather Advisory In Effect Today; Up To 2 Inches Expected
- Former Liquor Board Official Expected To Plead Guilty
- Baltimore Police Arrest ‘Shooting Spree’ Suspect After Pursuit Throughout City