Funeral Held For Teen Who Died After Being Tased By Police
BALTIMORE (WJZ)– A teenager who died after being tasered by police at Good Samaritan Hospital is laid to rest.
According to WJZ’s media partner, the Baltimore Sun, a funeral was held Saturday for George King.
The 19-year-old died earlier this month after being shocked five times with a Taser. It happened during a struggle with police and security at the hospital, where King was a patient.
King was given a sedative, slipped into a coma and died a week later.
The medical examiner has not released a cause of death.
Baltimore City Police Commissioner Anthony Batts has put a moratorium on officers responding to hospitals without a supervisor’s review.
Other Local News:
- Police Investigating Threatening Tweet Made Toward La Plata Residents
- Judge Denies Motions To Dismiss Charges In Freddie Gray Case; Ruled Individual Trials For 6 Officers
- Demonstrator Arrested During 1st Hearing Of Freddie Gray Case
- Bel Air Man Sets Himself On Fire, Body Burns Through Living Room Floor
- 1 Officer Injured, 1 Protester Arrested During Demonstration