Funeral Held For Teen Who Died After Being Tased By Police
Get Breaking News First
BALTIMORE (WJZ)– A teenager who died after being tasered by police at Good Samaritan Hospital is laid to rest.
According to WJZ’s media partner, the Baltimore Sun, a funeral was held Saturday for George King.
The 19-year-old died earlier this month after being shocked five times with a Taser. It happened during a struggle with police and security at the hospital, where King was a patient.
King was given a sedative, slipped into a coma and died a week later.
The medical examiner has not released a cause of death.
Baltimore City Police Commissioner Anthony Batts has put a moratorium on officers responding to hospitals without a supervisor’s review.
Other Local News:
- Wife Of Congressman Andy Harris Dies Unexpectedly
- NFL To Crack Down On Domestic Violence Amid Criticism Of Ray Rice Punishment
- 1st Case Of West Nile Virus Confirmed In Maryland This Year
- Shellfish Harvesting Closed In Waterways
- Former Baltimore Cop Convicted In Mistress’ Murder Granted Retrial 20 Years Later