GLENELG, Md. (WJZ) — A teen is arrested after setting fire to a speed camera in Howard County.
Connor Eash, 19, faces a number of charges, including first- and second-degree malicious burning.
Police first responded to reports of a speed camera box on fire in the 14000-block of Burntwoods Road in Glenelg on May 22. Following the incident, police set up surveillance.
Saturday morning, Eash was caught driving by the area several times. He eventually approached the camera, carrying an ax and a bottle of accelerant.
Police arrived and Eash was taken into custody. He was also in possession of a lighter.
Damage to the equipment from three similar incidents is estimated at $30,000.
Other Local News:
- Police Release Picture Of Suspects Who Robbed Armored Truck
- Police: Burglary Suspect Dies In Crash While Fleeing From Scene
- Police: Suspect In Officer Killing Was Metro Mechanic With Open Warrants
- Kevin Kamenetz Selects Montgomery County Councilwoman As Running Mate
- Orioles Manager Buck Showalter Discusses Future Of Team