GLENELG, Md. (WJZ) — A teen is arrested after setting fire to a speed camera in Howard County.
Connor Eash, 19, faces a number of charges, including first- and second-degree malicious burning.
Police first responded to reports of a speed camera box on fire in the 14000-block of Burntwoods Road in Glenelg on May 22. Following the incident, police set up surveillance.
Saturday morning, Eash was caught driving by the area several times. He eventually approached the camera, carrying an ax and a bottle of accelerant.
Police arrived and Eash was taken into custody. He was also in possession of a lighter.
Damage to the equipment from three similar incidents is estimated at $30,000.
Other Local News:
- Returning To London, Ravens Rookie Tackle Comes Full Circle
- Student Outwits Prof By Bringing 3×5 FOOT Cheat Sheet To Exam
- Tractor Trailer Fire Causes Major Rush Hour Delays On I-95 Near Rt 100
- ‘What Is Happening??’ Price Is Right Kicks Off New Season By Making History
- Substance In Suspicious Package At Social Security Administration Mail Room Not Hazardous