GLENELG, Md. (WJZ) — A teen is arrested after setting fire to a speed camera in Howard County.
Connor Eash, 19, faces a number of charges, including first- and second-degree malicious burning.
Police first responded to reports of a speed camera box on fire in the 14000-block of Burntwoods Road in Glenelg on May 22. Following the incident, police set up surveillance.
Saturday morning, Eash was caught driving by the area several times. He eventually approached the camera, carrying an ax and a bottle of accelerant.
Police arrived and Eash was taken into custody. He was also in possession of a lighter.
Damage to the equipment from three similar incidents is estimated at $30,000.
Other Local News:
- Millions Expected In Damages For College Park Building Destroyed By Fire
- Police ID Teen Carjacking Suspect With Long Criminal Record
- US Coast Guard: 1 Dead, 3 Injured After Cargo Ship Explosion, Baltimore Last Port
- Baltimore Police Working To Retain Officers Despite High Crime & Overtime Issues
- Police Arrest Drone Operator For Interfering During College Park Fire