GLENELG, Md. (WJZ) — A teen is arrested after setting fire to a speed camera in Howard County.
Connor Eash, 19, faces a number of charges, including first- and second-degree malicious burning.
Police first responded to reports of a speed camera box on fire in the 14000-block of Burntwoods Road in Glenelg on May 22. Following the incident, police set up surveillance.
Saturday morning, Eash was caught driving by the area several times. He eventually approached the camera, carrying an ax and a bottle of accelerant.
Police arrived and Eash was taken into custody. He was also in possession of a lighter.
Damage to the equipment from three similar incidents is estimated at $30,000.
Other Local News:
- $5 Million Study Set for New Chesapeake Bay Crossing
- Guilty Plea For Parkville Man Who Videotaped Young Girls At Swim Meets
- USDA to Reopen Offices Closed After Email Threats
- First Warning WX: Hurricane Watch In Effect As Tropical Depression Nears Florida Gulf
- ‘Preservation Resource Center’ Aims to Assist Ellicott City Flood Victims