New Windsor Man Dies From Injuries After Crash On Rt. 175 In Jessup
Get Breaking News First
JESSUP, Md. (WJZ)— One person is dead from injuries sustained from a two-car crash on Annapolis Road on Friday.
Officers arrived to the scene at Rt. 175 (Annapolis Road) at Clark Road in Jessup around 7 a.m.
Preliminary investigation reveals the driver of a Toyota Prius failed to yield the right of way to the Nissan Altima when making a left turn from Max Blobs Park Road onto westbound Rt. 175. The Nissan hit the right front passenger side of the Toyota.
Police say neither driver was restrained properly by a seat belt.
The driver of the Toyota—59-year-old Gregory Alan Cassagne, of New Windsor— was transported to Shock Trauma, where he later died from his injuries.
The driver of the Nissan—34-year-old Dontay Eugene Parker, of Severn– sustained serious non-life threatening injuries and was also transported to Shock Trauma. He was last listed in serious but stable condition.
Investigators say the cause of the crash appears to be driver error on the part of Cassagne.
Speed does not appear to be a factor in this crash.
This investigation is ongoing.
Other Local News:
- Baltimore Shock Trauma Worker Among 2 Shot Dead; Arrests Made
- Md. Company To Settle Suit That Claims Gender & Race Discrimination
- Man Indicted For Murder Of Co-Worker At Brooklyn Park Popeyes Restaurant
- Police Turn To Surveillance Video In Search For Missing Md. Toddlers
- Ravens Owner Receives Praise & Criticism For His Response To ESPN Allegations