BALTIMORE (WJZ)–A 12-year-old girl was killed in a violent crash as police pursued a person of interest on Preston Street. That man remains at large.
Meghan McCorkell has the details.
The deadly crash took place around 8:30 p.m. Tuesday in the 1100-block of E. Preston Street.
Baltimore City Police say they were pursuing a person of interest in a homicide that happened Monday. He was driving a Ford sedan and was the only person inside the vehicle.
Witnesses say the Ford was speeding down the road when it smashed into a minivan–carrying a woman and two children inside.
Witnesses say the man who was speeding was injured and bleeding when he took off running to the nearby woods.
He remains at large.
As for the passengers inside the minivan, witnesses say a woman and one child were able to get out of the car, but a little girl was trapped inside.
Witnesses say they tried to get the child out, but ultimately the fire department had to come to cut the child out of the car.
The little girl was pronounced dead.
Her mother and sibling are in the hospital. Police believe they will be OK.
Commissioner Anthony Batts is said to be at the hospital with the victim’s family.
Anyone with information on the person of interest is asked to call 911.
Other Local News:
- State Police ID 3 People Killed In Charles Co. Collision; Say Speed, Alcohol Factors
- Coast Guard Suspends Search For Baltimore Man Missing From VA Coast
- Officials Investigating Bus Fire On I-95 S, Traffic Affected
- Over 1,000 Displaced From 2-Alarm Electrical Fire In Bethesda Apt. Complex
- 15-Year-Old Boy In Critical Condition After Being Shot In Elkridge