OCEAN CITY, Md. (WJZ) — More riders and more events for the 14th annual Ride Across Maryland.
The riders started at the Mall in Columbia Saturday morning and drove to Ocean City.
It was a whole weekend of events helping to fight breast cancer, and it didn’t end once they reached the beach.
“We get to the beach there’s a lot of events that go on down there,” said Dick Gelfman, Ride Across Maryland. “But the most significant thing that happens every year down there is the people who’ve been doing this ride for years meet up again and there’s a camaraderie. This has sort of become their annual vacation, their annual trek to Ocean City.”
This year’s ride raised more than $118,000 for breast cancer research programs.
Other Local News:
- Parents Call For Portable AC Units For Baltimore County Schools
- 14 Arrested In Raids Related to $16 Million Food Stamp Fraud
- Maryland inmate gets 30 years for fatally beating cellmate
- Gov. Hogan Announces New Md. License Plate, Bay Crossing Study
- Labor Dept. Sues Md. Contractor Over Alleged Discrimination