OCEAN CITY, Md. (WJZ) — More riders and more events for the 14th annual Ride Across Maryland.
The riders started at the Mall in Columbia Saturday morning and drove to Ocean City.
It was a whole weekend of events helping to fight breast cancer, and it didn’t end once they reached the beach.
“We get to the beach there’s a lot of events that go on down there,” said Dick Gelfman, Ride Across Maryland. “But the most significant thing that happens every year down there is the people who’ve been doing this ride for years meet up again and there’s a camaraderie. This has sort of become their annual vacation, their annual trek to Ocean City.”
This year’s ride raised more than $118,000 for breast cancer research programs.
Other Local News:
- Researchers Suggest Lowering Legal Blood Alcohol Level Nationwide
- Bill Calls For Inspection Of All Baltimore Rental Properties
- University of Maryland Enlists Mascot, Marching Band To Deliver Acceptance Letters
- Federally Funded Agencies, Sites In Baltimore Area Feel Impact Of Government Shutdown
- One Killed In Double Shooting Near Druid Hill Park