14th Annual ‘Ride Across Maryland’ Raises More Than $100K For Cancer Research
OCEAN CITY, Md. (WJZ) — More riders and more events for the 14th annual Ride Across Maryland.
The riders started at the Mall in Columbia Saturday morning and drove to Ocean City.
It was a whole weekend of events helping to fight breast cancer, and it didn’t end once they reached the beach.
“We get to the beach there’s a lot of events that go on down there,” said Dick Gelfman, Ride Across Maryland. “But the most significant thing that happens every year down there is the people who’ve been doing this ride for years meet up again and there’s a camaraderie. This has sort of become their annual vacation, their annual trek to Ocean City.”
This year’s ride raised more than $118,000 for breast cancer research programs.
Other Local News:
- Baltimore Bloodshed Continues; 28 Shot, 9 Dead Over Holiday Weekend
- 28 Shootings, 9 Fatal, Over Memorial Day Weekend In Baltimore
- Fallen Wicomico Co. Native Honored At Dulaney Valley Memorial Gardens
- Police Release 4 Detained In Connection With Mansion Murders
- Cause Of Death Of Child In Swing Undetermined After Autopsy