WEATHER BLOG: Phenomenal Weekend
I hope that you have enjoyed this phenomenal weekend! I have no major concerns in the short term with high pressure in control for tonight and tomorrow. With clear skies and light winds making for good radiational cooling conditions once again tonight, we will see overnight lows on the cool side bottoming out in the upper 40s outside of the beltway to right around 50 in the city. High pressure will slide off the east tomorrow, allowing us to turn even warmer with a southwest surface flow kicking in.
Dewpoints will continue to rise into mid-week as our surface flow ushers in Gulf moisture, making it uncomfortably warm and humid by Tuesday and Wednesday. Low pressure cutting northeastward across the Great lakes on Tuesday will send a trailing frontal boundary our way from the west/northwest late Tuesday through Wednesday. Out ahead of this front in the warm, humid and unstable air mass, a few showers and storms may develop by Tuesday afternoon and evening. Some may be strong, producing heavy downpours and gusty winds.
Other Local News:
- New Documents Show Cyber Hackers Struck Baltimore Days After Riots
- Man Crabbing Drowns After Falling Off Boat In Anne Arundel County
- Uncertainty Among Family Members As Baltimore City Jail Closure Underway
- 45 Homicides In July Becomes Baltimore’s Deadliest Since 1972
- Which City Worker Is Making Top Dollar In Baltimore?