BALTIMORE (WJZ)– A 21-year-old Baltimore man has been charged with attempted murder for the broad daylight shooting that left the victim in critical condition.
Police say Montrell Johnson shot a man multiple times in the body and head on May 23 in the 100-block of N. Mount Street.
Working with members of the community, detectives were able to identify Johnson as the person responsible for the shooting and obtained an arrest warrant.
Johnson was arrested Saturday afternoon.
He is charged with attempted first-degree murder, attempted second-degree murder and various assault and handgun charges.
Johnson is currently being held without bail.
The victim is currently stable and expected to survive.
Other Local News:
- Missing Pa. Woman Strangled In Baltimore Area
- Bottles, Bricks Thrown At Baltimore Police During Vigil for Slain Rapper
- Funeral Planned Friday for Slain Baltimore Rapper
- Consumer Group Releases Annual List of Dangerous Summer Toys
- Lt. Rice Seeks Dismissal of Charges In Freddie Gray Case