BALTIMORE (WJZ)– A 21-year-old Baltimore man has been charged with attempted murder for the broad daylight shooting that left the victim in critical condition.
Police say Montrell Johnson shot a man multiple times in the body and head on May 23 in the 100-block of N. Mount Street.
Working with members of the community, detectives were able to identify Johnson as the person responsible for the shooting and obtained an arrest warrant.
Johnson was arrested Saturday afternoon.
He is charged with attempted first-degree murder, attempted second-degree murder and various assault and handgun charges.
Johnson is currently being held without bail.
The victim is currently stable and expected to survive.
Other Local News:
- Phelps Secretly Took Plunge in June, Marrying Girlfriend
- Soaring Complaints Over Loud Jets At BWI Airport
- U.S.: Contractor In NSA Case Had Intelligence Officers’ Names
- 15-Year-Old Charged As Juvenile After Stealing SUV With Baby Inside
- Record Turnout For First Day Of Early Voting In Md.