Motorcyclist Collides With Deer In Carroll County
TANEYTOWN, Md. (AP) — Officials say a motorcyclist has been taken to the hospital after colliding with a deer in Carroll County.
The Carroll County Sheriff’s office says officers were called to the area of Route 194 and Brown Road in Taneytown on Monday around 9:30 a.m.
The sheriff’s office says the motorcyclist was unable to avoid a collision with the deer. The motorist was identified as Timothy Cassidy from Hanover, Pa. Cassidy, 38, was taken to the hospital in a helicopter. The sheriff’s office says Cassidy was conscious at the scene, but the extent of his injury was not known.
The deer died as a result of the collision.
(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Other Local News:
- Ray Rice Pleading For 2nd Chance In NFL: ‘I’m A Rehabilitated Man’
- Baltimore Police Solving Disturbingly Low Number Of The City’s Murders
- Md. Lawmaker Focus Of Major Media Campaign On Iran Nuclear Deal
- Rep. Cummings: ‘Black Lives Have To Matter To Black People’
- Howard Co. Home Catches Fire After Lightning Strike