TANEYTOWN, Md. (AP) — Officials say a motorcyclist has been taken to the hospital after colliding with a deer in Carroll County.
The Carroll County Sheriff’s office says officers were called to the area of Route 194 and Brown Road in Taneytown on Monday around 9:30 a.m.
The sheriff’s office says the motorcyclist was unable to avoid a collision with the deer. The motorist was identified as Timothy Cassidy from Hanover, Pa. Cassidy, 38, was taken to the hospital in a helicopter. The sheriff’s office says Cassidy was conscious at the scene, but the extent of his injury was not known.
The deer died as a result of the collision.
(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Other Local News:
- Baugher’s Orchards Theft Suspects Sought By Police In Carroll County
- Baltimore Co. Police Still Searching for Answers in 2005 Murder
- Poll: 67 Percent Support Hogan’s Post-Labor Day School Start
- 18-year-old Fatally Shot While Leaving Party in Southern Maryland
- Police: Man Stabbed After Cutting DC Pizza Line