Local

Apartment Complex In Rockville Evacuated For Gas

View Comments
carbon monoxide detector

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

ROCKVILLE, Md. (AP) — Montgomery County firefighters evacuated an apartment building due to high carbon monoxide levels on several floors, but no one was injured.

Fire department spokesman Pete Piringer says the 17-story Forum Apartments were evacuated early Tuesday morning. The building is located in the 11800-block of Rockville Pike. Residents were allowed to return by about 9 a.m.

Medics sere sent to the scene to evaluate residents, and firefighters checked apartments at the complex.

(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 3,250 other followers