LANDOVER, Md. (WJZ)–Giant Food has recalled Glutino Rosemary and Olive Oil Snack Crackers due to potential salmonella contamination.
The product details are as follows:
- Glutino Rosemary and Olive Oil Crackers, 4.25 oz., UPC 67852303861, Best By October 26, 2014
Giant has received no reports of illnesses to date.
Consumption of food contaminated with salmonella can cause salmonellosis, one of the most common bacterial foodborne illnesses.
Salmonella infections can be life threatening, especially to those with weak immune systems, such as infants, the elderly and persons with HIV infection or undergoing chemotherapy. The most common manifestations of salmonellosis are diarrhea, abdominal cramps, and fever within eight to 72 hours. Additional symptoms may be chills, headache, nausea and vomiting that can last up to seven days.
Customers who have purchased the product should discard any unused portions and bring their purchase receipt to Giant for a full refund.
Consumers who want additional information on the recall should call Boulder Brands customer service at 201-421-3970 or Giant customer service at 1-888-469-4426.
Other Local News:
- MLB Suspending Red Sox Pitcher Matt Barnes Following Machado Incident
- Carfentanil Blamed For 3 Recent Deaths In Maryland
- Yet Another Confrontation On Airplane Caught On Camera
- Local Lawmakers Say Federal Money Is Needed To Repair Aging Water Systems
- Not Everyone’s Happy With Hogan’s Post-Labor Day School Start Plan