LANDOVER, Md. (WJZ)–Giant Food has recalled Glutino Rosemary and Olive Oil Snack Crackers due to potential salmonella contamination.
The product details are as follows:
- Glutino Rosemary and Olive Oil Crackers, 4.25 oz., UPC 67852303861, Best By October 26, 2014
Giant has received no reports of illnesses to date.
Consumption of food contaminated with salmonella can cause salmonellosis, one of the most common bacterial foodborne illnesses.
Salmonella infections can be life threatening, especially to those with weak immune systems, such as infants, the elderly and persons with HIV infection or undergoing chemotherapy. The most common manifestations of salmonellosis are diarrhea, abdominal cramps, and fever within eight to 72 hours. Additional symptoms may be chills, headache, nausea and vomiting that can last up to seven days.
Customers who have purchased the product should discard any unused portions and bring their purchase receipt to Giant for a full refund.
Consumers who want additional information on the recall should call Boulder Brands customer service at 201-421-3970 or Giant customer service at 1-888-469-4426.
Other Local News:
- Man Accused Of Fatally Stabbing Sister, 2 Cousins Charged With Murder
- Hate Crime Charge Brought Against Man Accused Of Killing Bowie St. Student
- Police: 4 Dead In Serious Westminster Crash, One Car Was Going 100+ MPH
- 2 Major Developments Could Reshape The U.S. Opioid Crisis
- Commissioner Davis On Police-Involved Shooting Of Robbery Suspect: ‘This Is A Dime A Dozen Scenario’