Tom Grieve is a former baseball player and general manager who is now a part of the Texas Rangers broadcast team.
Tom joined Ed and Steve to talk about the Orioles upcoming series with the Texas Rangers in Arlington.
Tom started by talking about all the injuries the Rangers have sustained to their pitching staff. Tom talked about how many of the young arms the Rangers were counting on have been lost in some cases for the entire season. Tom also talked about Yu Darvish and how if not for his injuries he gives the Rangers a chance every time he takes the mound and is a true number 1 starter.
Tom was asked about Chris Davis and what his ceiling was thought of when he was a Texas Ranger. Tom said no one would’ve expected the kind of year he had last year and said Davis never would’ve been given a chance like the Orioles gave him to stay in the lineup despite not hitting for a high average. Tom also talked about how proud people in Texas are of Chris Davis and the success he has had since Chris is from Texas.
Tom then gave some thoughts on what went wrong with Buck Showalter in Texas and how he has brought this Orioles team out of the basement and made them a consistent contender.
Related Stories – Baltimore Orioles:
- Chris Davis Talks Orioles Success, Casey Cares & The Flu
- Orioles Aim To Clinch Interleague Series Against Rockies
- Ross Grimsley On Orioles Pitching, Limiting Relief Pitchers & More
- Jones Carries Orioles To 3-2 Win Over Rockies In 10 Innings
- Seth Gruen: Chris Sale Tantrum “Won’t Change Anything” On Trade Market